This blueberry cream pie is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and easy to make. It’s the perfect dessert if you love to eat a healthy creamy cheesecake without dairy or eggs. Easy recipe with simple ingredients.
Vegan Blueberry Cream Pie
“This is the best pie I ever ate…” A sentence from my boyfriend… a rare sentence, which I actually never heard before. Especially since he is a big fan of my savory dishes but often rolls his eyes when I create a new dessert. But not this time! He seriously LOVED this blueberry cream pie and almost ate the entire cheesecake by himself. Well at least I could grab 2 small pieces and I can confirm that this pie is delicious!
I always get excited when fresh blueberries are available in the store because I have so many ideas for blueberry desserts. Blueberries are simply delicious, healthy and pretty. I used them to make the yummy blueberry lime compote which adds a special note and underlines the taste of the cream layer. This blueberry cream pie recipe is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and easy to make.
Blueberry Cream Pie Ingredients
The crust of this blueberry pie contains almond flour, oats, nuts or seeds of choice (you could use peanuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds etc.), a liquid sweetener like agave syrup or maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
The cream layer contains soaked cashews, tofu, a liquid sweetener, coconut milk, lime- or lemon juice and vanilla extract. You can use silken tofu or regular tofu, both work well.
Cream without soy:
You could also double the amount of cashews and leave out the tofu if you can’t eat soy. Or you could use coconut yogurt or vegan cream cheese (which isn’t soy-based) instead, however, the cream layer might turn out less firm. Furthermore, I really love how the cream layer of this blueberry pie came out with the cashew/tofu combination.
The blueberry compote contains blueberries, lime- or lemon juice, a liquid sweetener and I also added a teaspoon of maqui berry powder. This is optional but it adds a very lovely color. I once used it to naturally color the purple layer of my Raw Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake.
How To Make A Blueberry Cream Pie?
- First, you need to soak the cashews until they are soft. It’s possible to boil them in water for about 15 minutes.
- Next, you start making the crust and press it into a lined pie pan or springform. Bake the crust in the oven.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the cream. Simply process all ingredients in a blender or food processor until creamy.
- Pour the cream onto the cooled pie crust and put the pie into the freezer until the cream sets (45-60 minutes). It’s also possible to bake the pie crust WITH the cream in the oven. You will need to increase the baking time by about 15 minutes. The pie will turn out more like a cheesecake.
- Finally, make the blueberry compote and pour it on top of the blueberry pie.
This Vegan Cheesecake is:
- Refined sugar-free
- Easy to make
Great For A Birthday Party
This vegan blueberry pie is perfect for a Sunday brunch but it’s equally great for a birthday. So if you got really excited and hungry now, then make this pie for the weekend, I am sure you will love it as well.
Please leave a comment below if you make this recipe. You can also make a photo of it and post it on Instagram (or send me a DM). If you tag me in the caption + photo with @elavegan and use the hashtag #elavegan I will gladly check out your post and leave a comment.
If you love creamy vegan cakes, definitely also check out the following recipes:
- Coconut Cake
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake
- No-Bake Carrot Cake
- Fruity Cheesecake
- Baked Cheesecake
- Lemon Cheesecake Tart
- Vegan Key Lime Pie
Blueberry Cream Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Soak cashews overnight or boil them for about 15 minutes until they are soft.
- Process all pie crust ingredients in a food processor and press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a lined 6-inch pie pan or springform and about 2-3 inches (5 - 7 cm) up to the sides.
- Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, turn off the oven and let the pie crust cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, blend all cream ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cream onto the crust and put the springform into the freezer for about 45-60 minutes to set.
- Transfer all ingredients for the blueberry layer into a small pan, bring to a boil and let simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes. Let cool.
- Pour the blueberry layer onto the cream and enjoy this delicious blueberry cream pie! Store leftovers in the fridge.
- You can use shredded unsweetened coconut instead of almond flour. You should process the shredded coconut in an electric coffee/spice grinder or food processor.
- You can use any nuts/seeds of choice, e.g. peanuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Please read the blog post if you need a substitute for tofu.
- Recipe serves 8. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: