Strawberry coconut cheesecake bars | a vegan no-bake recipe
If you love coconuts and strawberries, you will fall in love with these strawberry coconut cheesecake bars. As you know I love everything with coconuts. I use a lot of coconut milk in my sweet desserts, but also in my main dishes. I make delicious homemade coconut milk, I love coconut water, as it’s so refreshing and healthy and the coconut meat is very tasty as well.
You can make so many delicious dishes with coconuts, from cocktails (think Piña Colada) to curry rice. Coconut improves the taste of almost every meal in my opinion. And it goes so well with strawberries, this combo is really amazing. Try it and you will understand what I am talking about.
This dessert is not only vegan it’s also:
- Gluten free
- Paleo friendly
- Refined sugar-free
Easy to make fruity strawberry coconut cheesecake bars
This recipe not only tastes delicious, but it’s also very easy to make. I used five ingredients for the crust of these bars: Peanuts, dates, oats, maple syrup, and vanilla. You can use cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or almonds instead of peanuts. The coconut cream contains cashews, coconut milk, coconut meat, maple syrup (you can use any other liquid sweetener like raw agave), vanilla and fresh strawberries (in the pink layer). Decorate your vegan strawberry coconut cheesecake bars with strawberry slices.
Do you like using coconut in your desserts or maybe even in your savory dishes? Let me know if you are also a coconut lover. And if you try out these delicious bars, please report back and tell me if you liked them.
This dessert is a no-bake recipe which means it goes in the freezer and not in the oven. But it has to stay in the freezer for at least 3 hours until it’s completely set. I used a 4 x 8.5 inch (11 x 22 cm) baking pan for this dessert. I store these delicious bars in the freezer and let them thaw for about 15 minutes before I enjoy them.
Strawberry coconut cheesecake bars
- Soak cashews overnight or for at least 3 hours. It's also possible to boil the cashews on low heat for about 15 minutes until they are soft
- Blend the ingredients for the crust in your food processor (pulse about 10-20 seconds and spread the crust in a lined (or greased) 4 x 8.5 inch (11 x 22 cm) baking pan. Put in the freezer
- Now blend all ingredients, except the strawberries, of the coconut cream in your high-speed blender. Spread 1/3 of the cream on the crust and put it in the freezer for about half an hour
- Put 1/3 of the coconut cream aside (you will need it later) and blend the remaining 1/3 of the coconut cream with the strawberries in your high-speed blender. Pour the strawberry cream over the first coconut layer. Add some chunks of strawberries on top (optional). Put again in the freezer for about half an hour.
- Finally, pour the remaining coconut cream on top. Decorate with strawberry slices and put it in the freezer for at least 3 hours
- Let the bars thaw (about 15 minutes) before you enjoy it
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: