No-bake carrot cake bars
Happy Easter! I had to make another carrot cake because, in my opinion, it’s best to celebrate Easter with a delicious carrot cake. But this time I made no-bake carrot cake bars which are so creamy and healthy at the same time. They are super easy to make and furthermore vegan, gluten-free and yummy.
Great for breakfast
These no-bake carrot cake bars are great for breakfast because they contain lots of healthy fiber and carbs from oats, carrots, and dates. But they also contain healthy fat and protein from nuts, which means you will stay full for a while. These bars can be also enjoyed as a delicious dessert in the afternoon.
Ingredients of my no-bake carrot cake bars
As I wrote before, these no-bake carrot cake bars contain oats, dates, and carrots but I also added unsweetened shredded coconut, cashews, walnuts/pecans or seeds of choice (e.g. pumpkin seeds etc), coconut milk, a liquid sweetener, a tiny bit of starch and flavorful spices.
If you prefer a grain free recipe you could use almond flour or coconut flour instead of oat flour. For the liquid sweetener, you can choose between maple syrup, agave syrup, rice syrup or any other liquid sweetener of choice. If you can’t eat nuts, then you could make the cream layer with a (soy based) vegan cream cheese instead.
These no-bake carrot cake bars contain 2 1/2 cups of finely grated carrots. I am sure you know that c
My no-bake carrot cake bars are:
- Refined sugar-free
- Easy to make
Store in the fridge
You can store cake leftovers in the fridge, there is no need to freeze the bars because they will stay firm and don’t melt. But you can, of course, also freeze them just make sure to let them thaw for about 20 minutes before you eat them. If you love carrot cake as much as I do, then definitely also check out my baked carrot cake recipe.
Please leave a comment below if you make these delicious no-bake carrot cake bars. You can also make a photo of it and post it on Instagram (or send me a DM). If you tag me in the caption + photo with @elavegan and use the hashtag #elavegan I will gladly check out your post and leave a comment.
No-bake carrot cake bars recipe. These bars are great for breakfast or as a dessert. They are healthy, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, easy to make, and creamy. The bars contain healthy carbs, protein, and fat. Perfect recipe for Easter!
- Soak cashews for at least two hours in water (better overnight). If you are in a hurry you could also boil them in water for about 15 minutes until they are soft.
- Start with the dough: Put the walnuts and unsweetened shredded coconut into your food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds. Add the oat flour and spices and pulse again. Next, add the carrots and dates and process until the ingredients are all combined. Don't overprocess, but the dough should stick together when you press it between your fingers.
- Line a 7x7 inch pan and press half of the dough into the pan (you can use a bigger pan but the bars will be less thick). Put the pan into your freezer.
- Now make the cream: First, you will need to combine the coconut milk, starch and granulated sweetener in a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Let simmer for a minute until it's thick, like pudding. Set aside.
- Put the other ingredients for the cream into your food processor or high-speed blender, add the pudding, and mix until the cream is completely smooth. Depending on your mixer/food processor this might take a few minutes.
- Pour half of the cream onto the dough and put the pan back into the freezer for about 1 hour (or until the cream layer is quite firm). Then add the other half of the dough on top, press it down, and finally add the remaining cream on top. Put the pan back into the freezer for at least 2-3 hours (or overnight).
- Once you unmold the cake, let it thaw for a few minutes and cut it into 6-8 bars. Enjoy your no-bake carrot cake bars thawed and store leftovers in the fridge!