Delicious raw vegan blueberry cheesecake
Some people tell me: “Oh you are vegan, so you can’t eat a cheesecake…” Well, of course, I can, I love to make vegan cheesecakes and I love it even more to eat them. The cheesecakes I made so far are not only delicious, but they are also so much healthier than regular cheesecakes which are made with milk, eggs, cream, butter, gluten, sugar and other unhealthy ingredients. What makes my cheesecakes so much better? Well, they contain plants only, no cholesterol and they are cruelty-free and still very tasty. Yes they contain some fat, but that’s healthy fat from nuts/seeds, so don’t worry. Vegan cheesecakes might not taste exactly like regular cheesecakes but I actually like them so much more. Do you like vegan cheesecakes? If yes, you will love this raw vegan blueberry cheesecake.
It’s so creamy that it literally melts in your mouth
This particular cheesecake is not only dairy free, but it’s also paleo friendly, gluten free, plant-based and refined sugar-free. It tastes light and creamy and it will literally melt in your mouth. The cake crust contains two ingredients only, peanuts and dates. But you don’t have to use peanuts, you can use any nuts like cashews or seeds like sunflower seeds or even almonds, it’s up to you. The cheesecake cream contains soaked cashews, coconut yogurt, coconut milk and a liquid sweetener like raw agave or maple syrup. You can use soy yogurt instead of coconut yogurt.
The purple layer contains also blueberries, which are not only delicious but also super healthy as they are packed with many nutrients and antioxidants. You can learn more about the health benefits of berries here. I also added a tsp of maqui berry powder and lime juice which turned out into a beautiful purple color. This step is of course optional.
No bake blueberry cheesecake
Let me know in case you try out my raw vegan blueberry cheesecake recipe. I am looking forward to hearing if you like it. I used a 4-inch mini springform for this recipe. It’s a very tiny springform. Double the recipe if you have a 5-inch springform.
Are you looking for another fruity vegan cheesecake recipe? Then check out the following recipes: STRAWBERRY COCONUT CHEESECAKE BARS and FRUITY CHEESECAKE and RAW VEGAN CHEESECAKE RECIPE WITH DRAGON FRUIT
Raw vegan blueberry cheesecake
- 1/3 cup peanuts OR 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (60 g)
- 8 small dates (60 g)
- Soak cashews overnight or for at least 3 hours. It's also possible to boil the cashews on low heat for about 15 minutes until they are soft
- Blend the ingredients for the crust in your food processor (pulse about 10-20 seconds) and spread the crust in a 4-inch springform. Put in the freezer
- Now blend all cream ingredients (except the blueberries and the maqui berry powder) in your high-speed blender
- Set aside about 2/3 of the cream and blend the remaining 1/3 of the cream with the blueberries. You can also add 1 tsp of maqui berry powder and 1 tsp of lime juice for a vibrant purple color
- Spread 1/2 of the light cream on the crust and put it in the freezer for about half an hour
- Spread the purple cream on top and freeze again for half an hour
- Finally, add the remaining light cream on top and decorate with some blueberries
- Freeze again for at least 3 hours (better overnight)
- Let the cake thaw before you enjoy it
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: