This no-bake (almost raw) vegan blueberry cheesecake will melt in your mouth. It’s creamy, rich, sweet, and fruity. The recipe is plant-based (dairy-free, egg-free), gluten-free, and easy to make!
Creamy (Almost) Raw Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
Some people tell me: “Oh you are vegan, so you can’t eat a cheesecake…” Well, of course, I can, I love to make and to eat vegan cheesecakes. 😀 The cheesecakes I made so far are not only delicious, but they are also so much healthier than regular cheesecakes which contain milk, eggs, cream, butter, gluten, sugar and other unhealthy ingredients.
What makes my cheesecakes so much better? Well, they contain plants only, no cholesterol and they are cruelty-free and still very tasty. Yes they contain some fat, but that’s healthy fat from nuts/seeds, so don’t worry.
Vegan cheesecakes might not taste exactly like regular cheesecakes but I actually like them so much more. Do you like vegan cheesecakes? If yes, you will love this raw vegan blueberry cheesecake.
Vegan Cheesecake Ingredients
This particular cheesecake is not only dairy free, but it’s also paleo-friendly, gluten-free, plant-based and refined sugar-free. It tastes light and creamy and it will literally melt in your mouth.
The cake crust contains two ingredients only, peanuts and dates. However, you don’t have to use peanuts, you can use any nuts such as cashews, walnuts, almonds or seeds such as sunflower seeds or pepitas, it’s up to you.
The cheesecake cream contains soaked cashews, coconut yogurt, coconut milk and a liquid sweetener such as raw agave or maple syrup. You can use soy yogurt instead of coconut yogurt though.
The purple layer contains also blueberries, which are not only delicious but also super healthy as they are packed with many nutrients and antioxidants. You can learn more about the health benefits of berries here.
I also added a tsp of maqui berry powder and lime juice which turned out into a beautiful purple color. This step is of course optional.
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
Let me know in case you try out this raw vegan blueberry cheesecake recipe. I am looking forward to hearing if you like it. I used a 4-inch mini springform for this recipe. It’s a very tiny springform. Double the recipe if you have a 5-inch springform.
Are you looking for other vegan cheesecake recipes? Then check out the following ones:
- Strawberry Coconut Cheesecake Bars
- Fruity Cheesecake
- Vegan Cheesecake With Dragon Fruit
- Baked Vegan Cheesecake
- Lemon Cheesecake Tart
- Cheesecake Tarts
- Cheesecake Brownies
Raw vegan blueberry cheesecake
- 1/3 cup (60 g) nuts of choice OR 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 8 small soft (60 g) dates
- Soak cashews overnight or for at least 3 hours. It's also possible to boil the cashews in water for about 15 minutes until they are soft. Then drain the water and rinse the cashews.
- Blend the ingredients for the crust in your food processor (pulse about 10-20 seconds) and spread the crust in a 4-inch springform. Set aside.
- Now blend all cream ingredients (except the blueberries and the maqui berry powder) in your high-speed blender.
- Set aside about 2/3 of the cream and blend the remaining 1/3 of the cream with the blueberries. I also added 1 tsp of maqui berry powder and 1 tsp of lime juice for a vibrant purple color.
- Pour 1/2 of the light cream onto the crust and put the pan in the freezer for about half an hour.
- Pour the purple cream on top and freeze again for half an hour.
- Finally, add the remaining light cream on top and decorate with some blueberries.
- Freeze again for at least 3 hours (or overnight).
- Let the cake thaw before you enjoy it.
- Nuts: Use nuts of choice, for example, cashews, walnuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, etc. You can also use seeds like sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, hemp seed, etc. instead.
- Store the vegan cheesecake in the freezer. Let thaw for 30 minutes before you serve it.
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: