These vegan stuffed bell peppers are filled with healthy ingredients such as curry rice, tomatoes, peppers, vegan cheese, and plant-based protein. The recipe is gluten-free, plant-based, easy to make, and very tasty. Stuffed capsicums are perfect for a vegan dinner or lunch.
Healthy Vegan Stuffed Capsicum
Is there something more amazing than stuffed veggies?! Probably yes, however, I seriously LOVE stuffed peppers. My parents often made this dish when I was a kid and it was one of my favorites. Now I make my own vegan stuffed peppers and always get very excited when I prepare them because I think of the good old times.
These stuffed capsicums contain rice, veggies, fragrant spices and vegan cheese. This meal is flavorful, rich in taste and perfect for lunch or dinner. It is furthermore plant-based, gluten-free, healthy, and super easy to make. Are you hungry already? Ok, so let’s start!
Ingredients Of The Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers
I stuffed the capsicums with the following ingredients:
- Textured soy protein
- Chopped peppers
- Crushed tomatoes
*Use chickpeas instead of the textured soy protein if you can’t eat soy!
You can also add more veggies like mushrooms, zucchini, or any other veggies which you love.
Top your stuffed bell peppers with any plant-based cheese of choice or make my easy vegan cheese sauce which is done in 3 minutes only. I simply poured some of the cheese sauce over the peppers before I cooked them in the oven. And later I decided to pour a little bit more on top because it’s so delicious lol.
These Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers Are:
- A great comfort food
- Easy to make
Substitute For Textured Soy Protein
I have included textured soy protein because it adds a great texture, and of course, plant-based protein to the dish. However, if you want to avoid soy, you can also use chickpeas or beans instead. Chickpeas are delicious with every savory meal and I love to add them to various dishes, like this VEGAN CHICKPEA CURRY for example.
Should you recreate these vegan stuffed bell peppers, please leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I love to see your recreations.
If you love stuffed vegan meals, definitely also check out the following recipes:
Vegan Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice of c
- 1 cup textured soy protein or chickpeas
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers (any color you like)
- 4 tbsp crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (wheat-free if GF)
- 1 tbsp oil (e.g. sesame oil or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegan cheese sauce (or your favorite vegan cheese) to taste
- chopped chives to taste
- Cook your favorite rice according to packaging instructions. You will need 2 cups of cooked rice for this recipe.
- Soak 1 cup of textured soy protein (TVP) in a bowl with 1 cup of hot water (or vegetable broth) and set aside for 5-10 minutes (skip this step if you are going to use chickpeas). The TVP will begin to fluff and absorb all the liquid.
- With a knife, carefully remove the "lids" of the 4 bell peppers and also discard all the seeds.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add the chopped onion, minced garlic, the textured soy protein and fry for 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the chopped 1/2 cup bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, soy sauce, peanut butter, spices (curry, smoked paprika), salt/pepper to taste and coconut milk to the skillet and let simmer for about 5 minutes on low-medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Now add the cooked rice and check if the mixture needs more salt/pepper/spices.
- Fill the 4 peppers with the rice/veggie mixture, add your favorite vegan cheese to taste or make my easy vegan cheese sauce, and cook in the oven at 190 degrees C (about 375 degrees F) for about 30-45 minutes. You will probably have some leftovers of the rice/veggie mixture.
- Enjoy your stuffed vegan peppers!
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for 1 serving.
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: