Peanut butter noodles with veggies
Do you like peanut butter noodles? I love creamy sauces and peanut butter adds so much creaminess and flavor to a recipe. And honestly, who doesn’t love noodles, well, I do for sure. This dish turned out so delicious, that’s why I made it a couple of times during the last week.
I used wide rice noodles, which are perfect for this recipe because they absorb so much of the creamy sauce. Furthermore, rice noodles have the advantage that they are gluten-free. So let’s start to make these yummy peanut butter noodles.
Peanut butter noodles for lunch, dinner or as a meal-prep
This creamy dish can be served for lunch or dinner but it’s also great as a meal-prep for work or school. It’s a delicious comfort food which is ready in 25 minutes. This peanut butter noodles recipe can be made with your favorite veggies.
I chose zucchini, carrot, peppers, and onion. You could also add some broccoli or cauliflower or make it spicy with hot peppers if you love spicy food. You can, of course, also leave out the veggies, however, they add a nice flavor and they are furthermore healthy.
This peanut butter noodles recipe is:
- A great comfort food
- Easy to make
Textured soy protein or chickpeas
I made this delicious recipe with textured soy protein because it adds a lot of plant-based protein, however, if you want to avoid soy, you can also use chickpeas instead. In my opinion, chickpeas are delicious in every savory meal and I love to add them to various dishes, like this VEGAN CHICKPEA CURRY for example.
Should you recreate my vegan peanut butter noodles recipe, please leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I love to see your recreations.
- 3 cups cooked rice noodles
- 2/3 cup coconut milk canned (divided)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup textured soy protein (or 1 1/2 cups of chickpeas)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 small carrot
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (wheat free if GF)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- Cilantro or parsley for decoration
Cook rice noodles in salted water, according to packaging instructions. You will need 3 cups of cooked rice noodles for this recipe
- Soak 1 cup of textured soy protein (TVP) in a bowl with 1 cup of hot water (or vegetable broth) and set aside for 5-10 minutes (skip this step if you are going to use chickpeas). The TVP will begin to fluff and absorb all the liquid
Chop your veggies (carrot, green pepper, zucchini, onion) into small cubes. The smaller you chop the veggies, the faster they will cook
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a skillet, add the chopped onion and minced garlic and fry for 4-5 minutes over medium heat
- Add the chopped carrot, green pepper, zucchini, the soy sauce, 1/2 cup vegetable broth and 1/3 cup coconut milk to the skillet and let simmer with a lid on for about 5 minutes on low-medium heat
- Add the textured soy protein, the remaining 1/3 cup coconut milk, the peanut butter, curry powder, smoked paprika and salt/pepper to taste. Let simmer for a further 4-5 minutes or until it reaches the desired creaminess
Finally, add the noodles and stir to coat them with the sauce. You can now also add the peanuts and herbs (cilantro or parsley) to taste. Enjoy your creamy peanut butter noodles!