Creamy peanut butter noodles with veggies and textured soy protein. This dish is perfect for lunch, as a weeknight dinner, and even for meal-prep. It’s creamy, delicious and great comfort food. The recipe is healthy, vegan, protein-rich, gluten-free, and easy to make in about 25 minutes
Peanut butter noodles with veggies
Do you like peanut noodles? I love creamy sauces and peanut butter adds so much creaminess and flavor to a recipe. And honestly, who doesn’t love noodles, well, I do for sure. This dish turned out so delicious, that’s why I made it a couple of times during the last week.
I used wide rice noodles, which are perfect for this recipe because they absorb so much of the creamy sauce. Furthermore, rice noodles have the advantage that they are gluten-free. So let’s start to make these creamy peanut butter noodles.
Perfect for lunch, dinner or meal-prep
This creamy Asian dish can be served for lunch or dinner but it’s also great as a meal-prep for work or school. It’s a delicious comfort meal which is ready in 25 minutes. This peanut butter noodles recipe can be made with your favorite veggies.
I chose zucchini, carrot, peppers, and onion. You could also add some broccoli or cauliflower or make it spicy with hot peppers if you love spicy food. You can, of course, also leave out the veggies, however, they add a nice flavor, and they are furthermore healthy.
This peanut butter noodles recipe is:
- A great comfort food
- Easy to make
Textured soy protein or chickpeas
I made this delicious recipe with textured soy protein because it adds a lot of plant-based protein, however, if you want to avoid soy, you can also use chickpeas instead. In my opinion, chickpeas are delicious in every savory meal and I love to add them to various dishes, like this VEGAN CHICKPEA CURRY for example.
Should you make this vegan peanut butter noodles recipe, please leave a comment and rating below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I love to see your recreations.
If you love pasta dishes, make sure to also visit these vegan recipes:
- Creamy Pasta Soup
- Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups
- Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Vegan Pasta Bake
- Spinach Pasta Sauce
- Vegan Baked Ziti
- Thai Curry Coconut Soup
- Vegan Mac And Cheese
How To Make Peanut Butter Noodles?
This recipe is very easy to make in just a few steps. Check the easy instructions below. Happy cooking!
Peanut Butter Noodles
- 150 g (5.5 oz) rice noodles
- 2/3 cup coconut milk canned (divided)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup textured soy protein (or 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 small carrot
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp peanuts (optional)
- Cilantro or parsley to garnish
- Cook rice noodles in salted water, according to packaging instructions.
- Soak 1 cup of textured soy protein (TVP) in a bowl with 1 cup of hot water (or vegetable broth) and set aside for 5-10 minutes (skip this step if you are going to use chickpeas). The TVP will begin to fluff and absorb all the liquid.
- Chop your veggies (carrot, green pepper, zucchini, onion) into small cubes. The smaller you chop the veggies, the faster they will cook.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a skillet, add the chopped onion and minced garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the chopped carrot, green pepper, zucchini, the soy sauce, 1/2 cup vegetable broth and 1/3 cup coconut milk to the skillet and let simmer with a lid on for about 5 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Add the textured soy protein, the remaining 1/3 cup coconut milk, the peanut butter, curry powder, smoked paprika, and salt/pepper to taste. Let simmer for a further 4-5 minutes or until it reaches the desired creaminess.
- Finally, add the noodles and stir to coat them with the sauce. You can now also add the peanuts and herbs (cilantro or parsley) to taste. Enjoy your creamy peanut butter noodles!
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: