Delicious strawberry crumb bars which are fruity, sweet, and soft! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, easy to make, and refined sugar-free. It contains oats and other wholesome ingredients. These healthy plant-based strawberry crumble bars are low in fat and can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert.
Strawberry Crumble Bars
These strawberry streusel bars remind me of my childhood. My mother used to make crumble bars quite often and I loved them. However, they were filled with lots of butter, eggs, and sugar. So I worked on creating a vegan crumble recipe and make it healthier overall.
The first attempt turned out a bit dry, so I tweaked it and now I am very satisfied with my own healthy strawberry crumb bars.
This recipe contains only wholesome plant-based ingredients, no butter, no eggs, no gluten, no refined sugar and no dairy! These crumble bars turned out very soft and fruity and they were gone so fast as they are super delicious.
How To Make Strawberry Crumb Bars
You will need 10 ingredients and about 20 minutes to prepare these healthy strawberry crumb bars. The main ingredient is oats (you can use regular or gluten-free oats) and strawberries.
For the crust you only need one bowl to mix all ingredients together! Yes, no food processor or blender needed, just your hands, a bowl and one saucepan for the strawberry filling. It can’t get much easier in my opinion.
Vegan crumble bars with different fillings
Before I made this recipe I asked on my Instagram account @elavegan which filling I should use as I want to make recipes which my readers appreciate. My followers were able to choose either apples, strawberries, blackberries or poppy seeds as these were the ingredients I had at home at that time.
About 100 people voted for strawberries, 75 for apples, almost 60 for blackberries and about 55 for poppy seeds. Some people also had the idea to combine strawberries and poppy seeds etc. You can find the Instagram post here.
Since strawberries were mentioned most often, I made these strawberry crumb bars but you could, of course, use any other filling. In my first attempt of trying out crumble bars I made blueberry crumb bars and next time I will make apple cinnamon crumb bars.
I am sure I will also make poppy seed crumb bars soon as I love, love, love poppy seeds.
To Sum It Up, These Strawberry Crumb Bars Are:
- Refined sugar-free
- Easy to make
If you recreate my recipe, please leave a comment below and/or tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan so that I can check it out.
For more recipes with strawberries, check out these posts:
Strawberry Crumb Bars
- I recommend using a kitchen scale for this recipe. You can easily switch between US and metric measurements underneath the ingredient list.
- Put the ingredients for the strawberry filling in a saucepan, bring to a boil, let it simmer for 5-10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Mix all ingredients for the dough in a bowl by either using your hands or a hand mixer.
- Press 2/3 of the dough evenly into a greased baking dish. My pan measures 7 x 11 inches (18 x 28 cm).
- Pour the strawberry filling over the crust.
- Crumble the remaining 1/3 dough on top.
- Bake in the oven at 360 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for 20-25 minutes.
- You can use any ground nuts/seeds of choice (e.g. hazelnuts, shredded unsweetened coconut) instead of almond flour.
- The recipe serves 10. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: