Are you looking for a quick breakfast recipe which is super easy to make and tastes heavenly? A vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free no-bake breakfast with only 6 ingredients which can be also eaten for dessert? If yes, then definitely check out these breakfast granola cups!
No-Bake Breakfast Granola Cups
So I was going to make muffins for breakfast but then another idea came to my mind. Why not make a no-bake dessert which is even quicker and easier to make than muffins and requires no oven? I remembered that I recently made a huge batch of granola… Ideas started to spin in my head and I was intrigued. I wanted to make them special with a creamy filling but I ran out of peanut butter, so, unfortunately, no peanut butter granola cups. However, I found sunflower seed butter and bingo, that’s it! Nut-free breakfast granola cups, here we go…
Nut-Free Breakfast Granola Cups
As mentioned before, this recipe turned out to be nut-free because I used sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter. You can, of course, use peanut butter or any other nut butter instead. Some other examples would be cashew butter, hazelnut butter etc. Why not make a batch of peanut butter granola cups and a batch of breakfast granola cups with sunflower seed butter. You can decide later on which ones were more delicious and furthermore it doesn’t get boring right.
You can easily prepare this recipe in a food processor however, it’s also totally possible to mix all ingredients together in a bowl. It actually couldn’t be simpler in my opinion.
Vegan And Gluten-free Recipe
Make sure you are using granola which is vegan (free of honey) and gluten (certified gluten-free oats). I have made a huge batch of homemade granola recently which turned out super delicious. Unfortunately, I didn’t measure the ingredients, just eye-balled them. However, if you are interested in a vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free granola recipe then comment below and I will make it again and make sure to write down the exact measurements. Update: The recipe is finally on my blog, yay!
Perfect For Breakfast, Snack Or Dessert
These breakfast granola cups are obviously perfect for breakfast. They contain healthy fats, protein, and carbs that’s why they will keep you full for a longer time. And even though they are higher in fat, they are still so much healthier than white bread for example. If you crave a sweet dessert, just grab one of these cups! They are also great as a snack in a lunch box (think meal prep). I am sure kids would absolutely love them and they would be very happy if they could eat them in school!
These Breakfast Granola Cups are:
- Very easy to make
- Peanut butter free
- Great for breakfast, dessert, snack (lunch box)
- Contain only 6 ingredients
EASY AND QUICK RECIPE
It took me less than 10 minutes to mix all ingredients together for these breakfast granola cups. You will need to put them in the freezer to set (until the sunflower seed butter hardens) but you can prepare them in advance which is amazing. They also freeze well and it’s really handy to have them in the freezer because you never know when that craving kicks in, right.
Should you recreate this granola cups recipe, please leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I love to see your recreations. Also, if you are a fan of oat desserts, definitely also check out these healthy granola bars and these breakfast oat bars.
Breakfast Granola Cups
- 1/4 cup (60 g) sunflower seed butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free (90 g) chocolate chips (or dark chocolate, chopped)
- I recommend measuring the ingredients in grams on a kitchen scale.
- Combine all ingredients for the granola cups in a mixing bowl and mix well with either a spoon or your hands. The mixture should stick together when you press it between your fingers. If it's not very sticky add a little bit more liquid sweetener.
- Grease a cupcake pan or use a silicone mold. This recipe yields 6-8 cups, depending on the size of your cupcake pan.
- With the back of a tablespoon, press the mixture firmly into the cupcake pan and make a dent in the middle of each cup.
- Put a heaped tsp of sunflower seed butter into the center of each granola cup. Freeze until firm, about 60 minutes.
- Melt dairy-free chocolate chips in a water bath (simply put the chocolate chips in a small bowl and place it over hot water). You can accelerate the melting process by adding 1-2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Once the chocolate is melted pour it on top of the sunflower seed butter of each granola cup. It will harden quickly because the sunflower seed butter is cold.
- Store in the fridge. You can also freeze these breakfast granola cups in zip-lock bags! Enjoy!
- You can use nuts of choice instead of sunflower seeds
- You can use any nut butter of choice instead of sunflower seed butter
- I made my own Nut-Free Granola (click for the recipe)
- Recipe makes 8 granola cups. Nutrition facts are for one cup.
Recipe inspired by Omgchocolatedesserts
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: