This homemade nut-free granola recipe is incredibly tasty and a budget-friendly alternative to store-bought granola. It’s perfect for breakfast (e.g. sprinkled over yogurt, oatmeal) or as a crunchy snack! This muesli is not only nut-free, but it’s also gluten-free, vegan (dairy-free), oil-free, refined sugar-free, healthy, and easy to make!
The Best Nut-Free Granola Recipe
Are you tired of paying the crazy price for store-bought granola? Or does it contain ingredients you can’t eat because you have different food allergies? Don’t worry because I have a great allergy-friendly recipe for homemade granola for you. It’s not only cheaper than granola from the store but also much healthier. And if you think it’s complicated to make homemade granola, then I will show you that it’s the opposite!
Why should you try this homemade muesli?
- It contains simple ingredients, which you can buy in every supermarket.
- It’s suitable for celiacs, vegans, and people with nut-allergies.
- This muesli is ready in less than 30 minutes and can be prepared in one bowl.
- It can be stored for up to 4 weeks.
The recipe contains wholesome plant-based ingredients which you probably already have at home! The main ingredient is rolled oats. You have to use certified gluten-free oats if you are a celiac. The other ingredients are dried fruits, shredded unsweetened coconut, sunflower seeds, sunflower seed butter, and maple syrup. I also added some spices to make this homemade nut-free granola even more flavorful and delicious!
How To Make Nut-Free Granola?
Never made granola at home? You really should, because homemade granola is healthier than store-bought granola. It’s also budget-friendly and very easy to make. The preparation time is just 10 minutes.
All you need to do is mix all ingredients together in a big bowl, spread it on a lined baking sheet and bake the granola in the oven. Done!
Please read the recipe card below for the full ingredients list, measurements, complete recipe method, and nutritional information.
Air Fryer Granola
First, line your air fryer basket with parchment paper (or use a silicone basket liner). Then, spread a thin layer (bout ¼-inch) of the homemade granola mixture over it (cook in batches if needed), press down with a spatula to create an even layer, and air fry at 325F/160C for 8-12 mins, flipping it at 5 minutes. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes in the basket before removing it to cool completely.
How to store?
You can freeze it for up to 3 months. However, you can also store it in airtight containers (in a cool and dark spot) for up to 4 weeks.
The recipe is:
- Vegan (dairy-free)
- Refined sugar-free
- Much healthier than store-bought granola
- Quick and easy to make with simple ingredients
- Great for breakfast or as a snack
Useful Tips For This Nut-Free Granola:
- Use your favorite dried fruit, for example, cranberries, mango, dates, plums, mulberries, raisins, apricots, goji berries, etc.
- Want to make chocolate granola? Simply add 1/4 cup cocoa powder and increase the liquid sweetener to taste. You can also add dairy-free chocolate chips after baking!
- Toss the granola and press it down with a spatula after 1o minutes of baking to get delicious clusters. Let cool completely without touching it.
- To make the recipe paleo-friendly, leave out the oats and increase the amount of shredded unsweetened coconut, and sunflower seeds. You could also add pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
- Store in airtight containers, in a cool & dry spot, for up to 4 weeks.
- This nut-free granola is a wonderful homemade gift. Double the batch and gift a jar to a friend.
Should you make this easy homemade nut-free granola recipe, please leave a comment below. Also, don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and use #elavegan because I love to see your remakes! Definitely also check out my Breakfast Granola Cups which are currently my favorite sweet treat. You can also have a look at these soft and chewy Granola Bars!
Other vegan breakfast recipes
- Vegan Breakfast Burritos
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Vegan Omelette Recipe
- Gluten-Free Bread Rolls
- Best Banana Milkshake
- Apple Crepes With Cinnamon
- Apple Crisp Without Oats
- Vegan Baked Banana Oatmeal
- The Best Vegan Waffles
- You can watch the video in the post for visual instructions.Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius).
- Add all dry ingredients into a big bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Next, add dried fruit of choice (check the recipe notes below for options), maple syrup, sunflower seed butter, and vanilla extract. Stir with a spoon until all dry ingredients are coated and everything is well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Then gently press the stirred granola down with a wooden spoon (or spatula) so that it sticks together.
- Check after 16-18 minutes if the granola is already lightly brown. Watch it closely, to avoid burning. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Let it cool completely without touching it. Once it gets cooler, the granola will crisp up. Store in air-tight containers.
- Enjoy your homemade nut-free granola with plant-based milk, or use it to make these delicious GRANOLA CUPS.
- You can use pepitas (pumpkin seeds) if you are allergic to coconut.
- You can use nuts of choice (if not nut-free) instead of sunflower seeds.
- Dried fruit: I used 1/4 cup raisins, 1/4 cup chopped apricots, 1/4 cup white mulberries, 1/4 cup dried goji berries. Feel free to use any dried fruit of choice, e.g. cranberries, chopped dates, mango, etc.
- You can use agave syrup or rice malt syrup instead of maple syrup.
- You can use nut butter of choice (e.g. cashew butter, coconut butter, almond butter, etc.) if not nut-free.
- If you love granola, you might also love these Chocolate Granola Bars.
- The recipe makes 12 servings (1/3 cup each). Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Check the blog post for the air fryer method.
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photos: