DIY homemade coconut milk recipe
I adore coconuts, I always did and I love coconut palms. I am lucky to have one on my property. Coconuts are so versatile and they can even be a life saver! They are really amazing, the coconut water is refeshing and very healthy, it’s rich in minerals like magnesium and manganese and B-vitamins. The coconut meat is high in fiber, fat and minerals, very nourishing and tasty. You will just need the coconut meat of one brown coconut and 3-4 cups of water to make my delicious homemade coconut milk recipe. You have to use the brown “mature” coconuts, not the young Thai coconuts.
Easy homemade coconut milk recipe
1 brown coconut
2-3 cups of hot water
A blender or food processor
A milk bag to strain the milk
Put the meat of one brown coconut and 2-3 cups of water in your blender or food processor and blend for about 5 minutes. Use either a cheesecloth or a fine sieve to strain the milk. You can use the pulp in your muesli or bake a cake with it. That’s it, ready is your homemade and fresh coconut milk, without additives, without hormones, so easy and delicious. If you want a very rich and creamy coconut milk use 2 cups of water, otherwise use 3 cups.
Here are 8 facts why to not consume dairy
1. Casein, which makes up 87% of cows milk protein, is the most significant carcinogen humans consume as per Dr. Colin Campbell. Check out his page for more information.
2. Milk is allowed to have a certain amount of red and also white pus cells in it (400 million pus cells in a litre). There are also pus cells in organic milk.
3. Dairy cows are impregnated against their will and carry their babies for 9 months. Baby calves are stolen from their mothers within hours of birth in order to maximize profit. Male calves are slaughtered early on in life for veal.
4. Cows don’t produce milk for human consumption. By all means, we are not baby calves. Humans are the only species who drink milk from another species and after they were weaned off.
But milk contains Calcium right?
5. Like all animal protein, milk acidifies the body pH. Calcium is an excellent acid neutralizer, moreover our bones are the main storage site of calcium in the body. This calcium can neutralize the acidifying effect of milk. As soon as calcium is pulled out of the bones, it leaves the body via the urine and consequently there is a calcium deficit.
6. Organic milk and other animal products contain artery-clogging saturated fat and furthermore cholesterol, just like conventional animal products.
7. Milk and dairy products contain inflammatory substances and furthermore growth hormones that clog your pores and cause acne, psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
Do you want to lose weight? Ditch dairy!
8. The high saturated fat content in milk makes losing weight difficult. In addition, dairy products all contain varying amounts of lactose (milk sugar), and the protein in milk generates an insulin response, both of which hinder weight loss.
There is no reason to consume dairy since there are so many healthy and cruelty free alternatives like this homemade coconut milk recipe or almond milk, oat milk and many more.
Sources: e.g. peta.org / livelovefruit.com
Homemade Coconut Milk recipe
- 1 (300 g) coconut
- 2-3 cups (480-720 ml) hot water
- A milk bag to strain the milk
- Use a screwdriver and hammer to puncture the three “eyes” of the coconut to drain the coconut water (you can use it for a smoothie). With the hammer, tap the middle of the coconut from all sides and after some minutes it will crack and you can open it. Carefully remove the white meat with a knife.
- Blend the meat with 2-3 cups of hot water for 5 minutes. Use either a cheesecloth or a fine sieve to strain the milk.
- If you want a very rich and creamy coconut milk use 2 cups of water, otherwise use 3 cups.
- Store in the fridge. It tastes best cold! Enjoy!
- You can use the coconut pulp in your muesli or bake a cake or cookies with it.
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: