These delicious peanut butter chocolate cups will melt in your mouth! They are vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), gluten-free, and easy to make without an oven! A delicious no-bake recipe which is perfect for dessert!
No-Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups
These are the most epic vegan peanut butter chocolate cups without a doubt. Seriously THIS is my most favorite sweet recipe, I am not lying. The cups are dairy-free, gluten-free, chocolatey and they will literally melt in your mouth. They remind me a little bit of Reese’s cups. But I like my homemade version more, haha.
If you love peanut butter and chocolate you have to give this recipe a try, you certainly won’t regret it!
Even my boyfriend said that these peanut butter cups taste absolutely amazing although he is more the savory guy. The cupcake base is really very simple as it is made with two ingredients only, peanuts and dates. However, you can use any other nuts of choice, for example walnuts or hazelnuts.
How To Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups?
You only need 6 ingredients to make this delicious recipe and you won’t need to spend more than 15 minutes in the kitchen. Sounds great right? The cups require no baking but they need to go in the freezer overnight or for at least 2-3 hours to set.
When you use cocoa butter they will get a little harder and will be easier to remove from the mold (I use a cupcake silicone mold) but in my opinion, they taste slightly better with coconut oil. Try out both versions and let me know which one you prefer?!
Peanut flour instead of PB2 peanut butter?
You can use PB2 peanut butter powder to make these cupcakes or try out regular peanut flour. I use this peanut flour brand. Both are the same thing actually (roasted partially defatted peanuts) with the exception that PB2 peanut butter powder contains a little bit sugar and salt. I prefer regular peanut flour and I just make sure to add a pinch of salt. There is no need to add any sugar since the maple syrup makes these cupcakes sweet enough.
You Will Love These Peanut Butter Cups Because They Are:
- Easy to make
- A delicious no-bake recipe
I made these peanut butter chocolate cups so many times. Actually, I lost count how often I made them but I am still not tired of eating this dessert because it’s super yummy.
If you want to try out another healthy and easy to make chocolatey recipe check out my no-bake brownies.
Please leave a comment below and tag me with @elavegan and #elavegan on Instagram and/or Facebook if you make these PB chocolate cups.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups
- 8-9 small dates (60 g)
- 5 tbsp peanuts, whole and raw (or other nuts of choice) (60 g)
- Process peanuts and dates in a food processor for about 10 seconds.
- Press the dough into 6 muffin cups (silicone molds work best).
- Melt the cacao butter OR coconut oil on low heat (e.g. in a double boiler or in a water bath).
- In the meantime put all other ingredients in a bowl and stir with a spoon until it has a smooth consistency.
- Add the melted cacao butter OR coconut oil and stir again until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the PB filling on top of the crust.
- Put the mold into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Proceed with the chocolate filling as you did with the PB filling.
- Fill the chocolate filling on top of the PB filling.
- Put the mold into the freezer overnight or for at least 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy the peanut butter chocolate cups cold but not frozen!
- Recipe makes 6 cups. Nutrition facts are for one cup.
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: