This edible vegan cookie dough contains only 8 ingredients and one of the ingredients will probably surprise you! The recipe is much healthier than most cookie doughs, it’s protein-rich, eggless, and can be made oil-free + refined sugar-free! It’s quick and easy to make in less than 10 minutes.
Healthy Edible Cookie Dough (Vegan)
I am such a big fan of cookie dough! When I was a kid and my mom baked some cookies I always had to try the raw cookie dough. Most of the time that wasn’t a good idea because the cookie dough contained eggs. Whoops! But not this edible vegan cookie dough. It’s 100% safe to eat and tastes very delicious. I love it because it is:
- Healthier than most edible cookie dough recipes.
- Super quick and easy to make in less than 10 minutes.
- Eggless, gluten-free, and can be made refined sugar-free + oil-free.
Only 8 Simple Ingredients
Yes, the recipe is really simple and the 8 ingredients are:
- Chickpeas (not kidding)
- Sweetener of choice
- Coconut flour
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- Baking soda (for the cookie dough taste)
- Vanilla extract
The chickpeas will probably surprise you but don’t worry, this eggless edible cookie dough doesn’t taste like chickpeas at all! At least not to me and my friends. 😀 You can also use cooked white beans instead of cooked chickpeas.
Nut butter: You can use cashew butter, almond butter, coconut butter, sunflower seed butter, and even tahini if you don’t mind the slightly bitter taste! This time I used cashew butter but I also made the recipe with sunflower seed butter once. I haven’t tried peanut butter yet but it might be an interesting experiment!
Sweetener of choice: I used powdered Erythritol which is refined sugar-free. But feel free to use regular powdered sugar or date sugar, coconut sugar, Xylitol, etc.
I love using mini dairy-free chocolate chips because they are so cute. However, regular-sized chocolate chips will work as well.
How To Make Edible Vegan Cookie Dough?
It probably couldn’t be easier because all you need is a food processor which will do the work for you.
- You just have to process the wet ingredients first.
- Then add the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Finally, you can add the dairy-free chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.
- You can eat the vegan cookie dough right away or shape it into bliss balls or even donuts.
- Check my step-by-step VIDEO right under the recipe instructions!
How To Store?
You should store the vegan cookie dough in the refrigerator (for up to 5-6 days). It doesn’t last that long anyway, just saying! 😀
I also tried freezing the cookie dough and it worked surprisingly well!
This Edible Vegan Cookie Dough Is:
- Dairy-free (without butter)
- Healthier than most cookie doughs
- Can be made refined sugar-free
- Easy to make
- Ready in less than 10 minutes
- Oil-free if you leave out the chocolate chips
- A delicious dessert
- Perfect for any occasion
Should you try out this edible vegan cookie dough recipe please leave a comment and rating below. Also, don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I would love to see how it turned out!
Make sure to also check out my fudgy vegan cookie dough bars!
Edible Vegan Cookie Dough
- Watch the video (scroll down a bit) for easy visual instructions. I recommend using a kitchen scale for this recipe. You can easily switch between US and metric measurements underneath the ingredient list.
- Process chickpeas, nut butter and vanilla extract in a food processor. Scrape down the sides of the container and mix again.
- Add all other ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and mix again.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.
- Enjoy immediately! I shaped the cookie dough into donuts but that's totally optional!
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
- Recipe makes about 400 grams of cookie dough. Nutrition facts are for 100 g (1/4 of the recipe) calculated with Erythritol.
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: