These flourless brownies with a sweet potato frosting (which is optional but very recommended!) are absolutely delectable. They are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free (if you leave out the chocolate chips), grain-free, protein-rich, fudgy, chocolaty, and so rich! Made with chickpeas and other wholesome ingredients.
Healthy Flourless Brownies
Brownies will remain my favorite dessert. Period. I just love them, especially when they are fudgy, super chocolaty, and rich like these healthy vegan brownies with the most epic sweet potato frosting.
The recipe is plant-based, gluten-free, grain-free, protein-rich, and easy to make. It takes just 10 minutes to prepare the batter, so there is no excuse to not make this delicious dessert.
I love trying out new brownie recipes. I already shared some of my favorite recipes with you on my blog, like these Sweet Potato Brownies or these Pea Brownies and even Healthy No-Bake Brownies. These Cheesecake Brownies were a big hit as well!
Maybe you have already tried out one or more of these recipes. The healthy no-bake brownies have been remade many times on Instagram and people love them.
These vegan brownies contain chickpeas as the main ingredient. Chickpeas (sometimes known as garbanzo beans) are amazing, they are high in protein and contain lots of fiber, minerals, and vitamins. I love using chickpeas in desserts, for example in these No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars.
Vegan, Grain-Free, Gluten-free, Flourless Brownies
Not only are these brownies gluten-free, but they are also grain-free, flourless, and vegan. Ground almonds, flax seeds, chickpeas, and cocoa powder are the main ingredients of these deliciously healthy brownies. I also made them once with coconut flour. Both versions are good! Instead of ground almonds, you can use any ground nuts of choice, for example, hazelnuts.
Sweet Potato Frosting
You can make these flourless brownies without frosting, and I am sure you will like them. However, to take this dessert to the next level I urge you to make this lush sweet potato frosting! It’s made with sweet potatoes, so it’s basically like eating salad, haha. Seriously, in my opinion, the frosting is a must and my boyfriend actually LOVED it!
You Will Love These Brownies Because They Are:
- Vegan (egg-free, dairy-free)
- Oil-free (if you leave out the chocolate chips)
- Healthier than most other brownies
- Can be made refined sugar-free
- Easy to make
- Great for dessert or breakfast
Mini Chocolate Chips
I’ve topped these chickpea brownies with dairy-free mini chocolate chips. This step is optional, of course, but in my opinion, you can never have enough chocolate in your life. So if you have the possibility to get them, then definitely do it!
Should you recreate my recipe, please leave a comment and rating below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I would love to see your recreations.
How To Make Flourless Brownies?
It’s so easy to make these vegan chickpea brownies. I love using a food processor because it’s so convenient and you don’t need lots of different bowls. Simply add in the ingredients, blend and you are almost done. Check the easy recipe and the video below!
If you are looking for more delicious vegan brownie recipes, then check out the following ones:
- Zucchini Brownies
- Sweet Potato Brownies
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Caramel Chocolate Brownies
- Best Vegan Brownies
- Healthy No-Bake Brownies
- 3/4 cup (150 g) coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (90 g) ground almonds (*see recipe notes)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (60 g) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp ground (2 tbsp ground) flax seeds or ground chia seeds
- 1 tsp (1 tsp) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1/4 tsp) baking soda
- 1 Pinch of (Pinch of) salt
- 1/4 cup (50 g) dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
- sweet potato frosting (optional)
- I recommend using a kitchen scale for this recipe.
- Blend the chickpeas with all wet ingredients in a food processor until smooth (check the video).
- Add all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to the food processor and blend again until the mixture is combined.
- Line a pan with parchment paper or grease it with vegan butter or coconut oil and spoon the batter into it. My baking dish measures 9"x6" (23 x 15 cm).
- Bake in the oven at 355 degrees F (180 degrees C) for about 40 minutes (it can take longer or shorter, depending on your oven and the size of your baking dish) or until a toothpick comes out almost clean (can still be sticky but not wet). Test after 35 minutes with a toothpick. Don't overcook the brownies! Let them cool completely. They'll still be soft at first but firm up once cooled down. They taste best on the 2nd or 3rd day!
- Check out this recipe to make the sweet potato frosting! Top with chocolate chips an enjoy!
- You can use any ground nuts instead of ground almonds. For a nut-free version try ground hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds. If you want to make the brownies with coconut flour, then use only 45 grams and not 90 grams since coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid.
- Any nut butter like peanut butter, cashew butter works fine. For a nut-free version use coconut butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Nutrition facts are for 100 g without the frosting.
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: