No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars With A Secret Ingredient!
If you love cookie dough AND chocolate then look no further. This is the right recipe for you as it combines cookie dough, a raw brownie base, and a rich chocolate layer. Oh, and I forgot the chocolate chips within the cookie dough layer. If you have a sweet tooth you gotta check out these no-bake cookie dough bars.
No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars Variations
This recipe can be made with or without the raw brownie base. I tried both versions and liked both. If you love chocolate then I would recommend adding the brownie layer. However, if you are in a hurry then simply leave it out. The bars will still satisfy your chocolate cravings because of the fudgy chocolate layer and the chocolate chips. They are, of course, easier to make if you leave out the brownie bottom.
Chickpea Cookie Dough Layer
For the cookie dough, I used chickpeas (white beans work as well), sunflower seed butter (any other nut/seed butter will be fine), coconut flour, Erythritol (you can use regular powdered sugar), vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, baking soda (for the cookie dough taste), and dairy-free chocolate chips.
Don’t worry, these vegan cookie dough bars won’t taste like chickpeas! They taste like delicious cookie dough which most people love!
Homemade Chocolate Fudge Layer
Many vegan cookie dough bars are made with almond flour. However, since nut-allergies are a common problem I made these no-bake cookie dough bars nut-free. You can, of course, use almond flour instead of coconut flour or nut butter instead of seed butter if you aren’t allergic to nuts.
These No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars Are:
- Vegan (egg-free, dairy-free)
- Refined sugar-free
- Can be made keto
You can store leftovers in the fridge or in the freezer. Please leave a comment below if you make these delicious no-bake cookie dough bars. You can also make a photo of it and post it on Instagram (or send me a DM). If you tag me in the caption + photo with @elavegan and use the hashtag #elavegan ! I will gladly check out your post and leave a comment.
No-bake cookie dough bars
Cookie dough layer
- 2 15oz cans chickpeas drained and rinsed (*see notes)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (120 g) (*see notes)
- 120 g powdered Erythritol or powdered sugar (*see notes)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (for the cookie dough taste)
- 5 tbsp coconut flour (40 g)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (or more)
- Make the no-bake brownie base as per the instructions in the recipe and press the dough firmly into a baking pan (lined with foil or parchment paper). My pan measures 8 1/2 x 6 inches. If you use a bigger pan the bars will be less thick. You can also leave out the brownie base completely for this recipe and just make the cookie dough layer and chocolate layer.
- For the cookie dough layer, process chickpeas, sunflower seed butter and vanilla extract in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Add all other ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and mix again. Stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon. Transfer the cookie dough mixture to the pan and put it in the freezer.
- For the chocolate fudge layer, carefully melt the cacao butter in a water bath, add all other ingredients, stir with a whisk, and pour it onto the cookie dough layer. Put the pan in the freezer for about 60 minutes to set.
- Cut into bars and enjoy thawed. Store leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy!
- You can use cooked white beans instead of cooked chickpeas.
- Any other nut/seed butter (e.g. almond butter, coconut butter, cashew butter, peanut butter etc) is fine.
- You can use Xylitol, coconut sugar, or regular sugar instead of Erythritol. To make powdered sugar, just process it in a blender or an electric coffee/spice grinder for a couple of seconds. I use an electric coffee/spice grinder which I love.
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: