These vegan Lasagna Roll Ups are filled with hummus, spinach, and mushrooms. This meat-free dish might become your new favorite weekend dinner as it is so comforting, and delicious! The recipe is quite easy to make with healthy vegetables, and it’s 100% plant-based.
Vegetable Lasagna Roll Ups
Italian food was my favorite in the past, now I also love Mexican food, Chinese food, Thai food, and of course, German food. However, Italian dishes, such as pizza and pasta, will always make me happy. Therefore, it was time to create a recipe for vegan lasagna roll ups!
Vegetarian lasagna roll ups are similar to classic lasagna, however, in my opinion, the rolls look prettier, and they are more fun to make. If you are a fan of lasagna, you will love these vegan lasagna rolls.
These vegetable lasagna rolls are:
- 100% vegan (meat-free, egg-free, dairy-free).
- Quite easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Prepared in about 25 minutes.
Here is what you will need to make the vegan lasagna roll ups:
- Garlic cloves
- Soy sauce
- Marinara sauce
- Lasagna noodles (regular or gluten-free)
- A few spices
- Vegan cheese
- You can also use coconut aminos or tamari instead of soy sauce.
- If you don’t like mushrooms, simply leave them out. You could also add zucchini or your favorite vegetables instead.
- Use marinara sauce or your favorite tomato sauce. You can also make a homemade tomato sauce. Simply mix passata with salt, pepper, oregano, and a little sweetener to taste.
- I made homemade hummus, however, you can buy store-bought hummus or vegan ricotta cheese.
- I used homemade vegan cheese sauce, but you can use your favorite store-bought vegan cheese. Grated cheese is fine!
How To Make Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups?
It’s really simple to make these vegan spinach lasagna roll ups.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions, or until they are al dente.
- Meanwhile, chop/dice/mince the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and spinach. Measure the other ingredients.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and mushrooms first. Then add the spinach, and soy sauce.
- Next, add the hummus and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Ladle some marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9×6 (23×15 cm) baking dish. Set aside.
- Lay cooked noodles on a clean surface and place the hummus mixture on each noodle and spread it evenly.
- Roll up each lasagna noodle and place it seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Ladle the remaining marinara sauce over the lasagna noodles.
- Add vegan cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
These Vegetable Lasagna Roll Ups Are:
- Can be made gluten-free
- Fairly easy to make with simple ingredients
- A great dinner for weekends
Helpful Tips For This Vegan Lasagna Recipe:
- If you want to make your own tomato sauce and hummus, make it ahead of time (e.g. in the morning) because it saves a lot of time.
- You can also assemble the lasagna roll ups in your baking dish in the morning and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Double the recipe, use a larger baking dish, and store leftovers covered in an airtight container in the fridge (for up to 3 days).
Should you recreate these healthy vegan lasagna roll ups, please leave a comment and rating below, and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I love to see your remakes! 🙂
If you love pasta dishes, definitely also check out the following easy vegan recipes:
- Creamy Pasta Soup
- Easy Vegan Pasta Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Vegan Pasta Bake
- Spinach Pasta Sauce
- Vegan Baked Ziti
- Thai Curry Coconut Soup
- Peanut Butter Noodles
- Vegan Mac And Cheese
Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small can mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 3.5 oz (100 g) fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups (360 g) marinara sauce (see notes)
- 6-8 lasagna noodles (regular or gluten-free)
- 1 2/3 cups (400 g) hummus (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
- A few tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 7 oz (200 g) vegan cheese
- You can watch the video in the post for visual instructions.Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot (filled with boiling water and salt) according to package directions, or until al dente.
- Ladle about 1/2 cup marinara sauce (or your favorite tomato sauce) in the bottom of a 9×6 (23x15 cm) baking dish (you can use a larger pan). Set aside.
- While the lasagna noodles cook, heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add the diced onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute for about 4 minutes. Then add soy sauce and spinach. Cook for a further 30-60 seconds, then turn off the heat.
- Add the hummus and stir with a spoon.
- Depending on the brand of your store-bought hummus, you might need to add more flavor. I added cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- Carefully drain the lasagna noodles and preheat your oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Lay cooked noodles on a clean surface and place about 1/4 cup of the hummus-mixture on each noodle and spread it evenly. Roll up each lasagna noodle and place it seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Ladle the remaining 1 cup marinara sauce over the lasagna noodles.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, garnish with Vegan Parmesan Cheese, and enjoy!
- You can use your favorite tomato sauce instead of marinara sauce.
- If you aren't a fan of mushrooms, simply leave them out and use your favorite vegetable (e.g. zucchini) instead.
- You can use Vegan Ricotta Cheese instead of hummus.
- You might also love my Vegan Lasagna Soup recipe.
- Recipe makes 6-8 rolls. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: