The best vegan pasta salad with an oil-free ranch dressing without mayo! Perfect for the grilling season in summer or as a side dish throughout the year. The recipe is plant-based (dairy-free, egg-free), healthy, protein-rich, light, guilt-free, and delicious!
Healthy Vegan Pasta Salad
I always loved a good creamy pasta salad, especially as a teenager. Actually, I was never a fan of an Italian pasta salad with a vinaigrette. My salads were loaded with mayonnaise which isn’t very healthy… Now I veganized and healthified my favorite pasta salad into a light dish which is creamy, delicious, and guilt-free!
I love it because of the following reasons:
- It’s 100% vegan, no dairy, no eggs.
- It doesn’t contain oil or mayonnaise.
- It’s a healthy side dish which contains plant-based protein.
How to Make A Vegan Pasta Salad?
You are only 5 simple steps away from enjoying this light Mediterranean pasta salad! First, you need to cook the pasta and chop the veggies.
Finally, you can assemble the vegan macaroni pasta salad in a large bowl. And that’s it! Eat it right away and store leftovers in the fridge. Check the easy instruction pictures below:
Use Your Favorite Pasta
You can use regular (wheat) pasta or gluten-free pasta, which often contains rice flour, quinoa flour, corn flour or legumes. My favorite pasta shapes are:
However, any pasta shape is fine! Let me know in the comments what your favorite shape is for a salad. 🙂
Versatile Pasta Salad
A pasta salad is versatile because you can choose your favorite veggies. I used the following ones:
- Green peppers
- Chopped dill pickles
Not a fan of cucumber? Simply use something different. I also love adding olives and grilled corn! You could also add mushrooms, celery or zucchini. What about vegan mozzarella for an Italian twist?
I love that this noodle salad is so versatile and easy to make!
Oil-Free Dressing Without Mayonnaise
I actually made the same (well, almost the same) dressing which I already used for my Vegan Potato Salad! I really love it because it contains only healthy ingredients:
- White beans*
- Plant-based milk
- Hulled hemp seeds or soaked cashews
- Garlic cloves
- Dijon mustard
- Lime juice or lemon juice
- White vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt, black pepper, and fresh dill to taste
*I used cannellini beans which add healthy plant-based protein but any white beans will work just fine!
How To Store Leftovers?
The pasta salad tastes best when it’s cold, in my opinion, which makes it the perfect summer side dish! Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You Will Love This Vegan Pasta Salad, Because It’s:
- Oil-free (without mayo)
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
- Perfect as a summer salad
- Much healthier than other pasta salads
Helpful Tips For This Vegan Pasta Salad
- Use your favorite veggies (e.g. zucchini, celery, olives…).
- Double the batch and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Bring it to a vegan potluck (most people LOVE pasta salad) or barbecue (BBQ).
Should you recreate this healthy pasta salad, please leave a comment and rating below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I love to see your remakes! If you love salads definitely also check out the following recipes:
Creamy Vegan Pasta Salad
- 10 oz (280 g) dry pasta of choice (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 green pepper (or color of choice) chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion diced
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1 small cucumber diced
- 3/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- olives (optional)
- 1 15 oz can white beans rinsed and drained (*see notes)
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup (40 g) hulled hemp seeds OR 1/3 cup of soaked cashews (*see notes)
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard or more to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- fresh dill to taste
- Cook your favorite pasta as per the instructions on the package.
- Add white beans, plant-based milk, hemp seeds (or soaked cashews), garlic cloves, mustard, lime juice, vinegar, and sea salt + black pepper to a blender. Blend on high speed and scrape down the sides if needed until the dressing is completely smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled pasta, chopped pepper, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, and dill pickles. Pour over the dressing and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more salt/pepper/vinegar if needed. I added 1/2 tsp of sea salt in addition.
- Garnish with fresh herbs (e.g. dill) and serve at room temperature or cold. Enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can use any white beans, e.g. Cannellini beans, Navy beans or Great Northern beans.
- If you don't have hemp seeds you can use either soaked cashews (soak in hot water for about 30 minutes or until soft) OR you could use 2 heaped tbsp of cashew butter or almond butter.
- If you love salads, you can also check out my Mexican Avocado Salad recipe.
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: