Raw vegan cheesecake recipe | no baking required!
Do you like cheesecakes? I love them since they are so creamy and delicious. This raw vegan cheesecake recipe is dairy free, egg free, refined sugar-free, gluten free, plant-based, fruity, light and would be a great treat for the summer. It doesn’t contain any cholesterol like non-vegan cheesecakes and it requires no baking. Big bonus in my opinion!
I used pink dragon fruit to naturally color the cheesecake pink because pink makes everything prettier and it’s furthermore the perfect color for Valentine’s Day. It would be also a great cake for a birthday party, especially for girls. The base contains prunes, buckwheat groats, poppy seeds and xylitol. Below you will find some facts about these ingredients.
Raw vegan cheesecake recipe with pink dragon fruit
Xylitol is made from birch trees, but unlike sugar, it is not converted in the mouth to acids that cause tooth decay. It can actually even prevent cavities! I really like the taste, it’s sweet and it produces a noticeable cooling sensation while it melts in the mouth.
Buckwheat is not a grain, it’s a seed from a plant related to greens like rhubarb and sorrel. It’s gluten free and very healthy as it contains resistant fiber* and essential nutrients. *Resistant fiber is a compound shown to lower blood sugar after meals, help weight loss, reduce food cravings help weight loss and improve diabetes (1)
Did you know that poppy seeds are very high in copper, calcium and especially in manganese? For instance, 1 tablespoon (9 grams) of poppy seeds has 33% of the RDI of manganese, 16% of the RDI of copper and 13% of the RDI of calcium. It’s also high in phosphorus and zinc (2).
Dried prunes are an excellent source of healthy fiber, vitamin K, copper, manganese, potassium, as well as magnesium.
For the cream, I used cashews, coconut cream, xylitol and furthermore a slice of a pink dragon fruit. It turned out very creamy, smooth and delicious. You can substitute for pine nuts or macadamia nuts if you don’t want to use cashews.
I hope you will enjoy my recipe. If you try it out please leave a comment below and/or tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan so that I can see it and leave a comment.
Raw vegan cheesecake recipe
- Soak cashews overnight or for at least 3 hours. It's also possible to boil the cashews on low heat for about 15 minutes until they are soft
- Process the xylitol in a coffee grinder or food processor until it becomes a fine powder
- Blend all cream ingredients in a high-speed blender on high speed for about one minute until it's completely smooth and creamy, set aside
- Pulse all crust ingredients in your food processor for 10 seconds
- Press crust evenly into a 4-inch mini springform
- Pour the cream over the crust
- Freeze for at least 3 hours
- Decorate with dragon fruit slices if you like
- It tastes best when it's served cold but not frozen
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: