Creamy Mexican Avocado Salad which is filling but still light and perfect for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, healthy, easy to make, and has an oil-free dressing.
Healthy Mexican Avocado Salad
I love avocados so much and eat them almost daily. Since I live in a tropical climate, I have access to super-ripe yellowish avocados which taste absolutely amazing. We even have our own avocado tree in our yard, therefore it’s no wonder that I had to create a Mexican avocado salad recipe.
I love it because it’s:
- Creamy, light, and delicious.
- It doesn’t contain oil or mayonnaise.
- It’s a healthy lunch or side dish which contains plant-based protein.
How to Make A Mexican Avocado Salad?
This recipe is very simple and has only a few easy-to-follow instruction steps.
- First, cook the fresh ears of corn in a hot skillet or on the grill until perfectly charred from all sides.
- Meanwhile, prepare the oil-free avocado dressing. Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until completely smooth.
- Chop the veggies, and assemble the avocado corn salad in a large bowl. Add the dressing, stir, and enjoy!
- Eat it right away and store leftovers in the fridge.
Use Your Favorite Salad Ingredients
I used green and red pepper, onion, corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, and of course, avocado. However, if you don’t like onion, for example, just leave it out. You can add the following ingredients in addition:
- Dill Pickles
- Vegan Feta cheese
Olives are great for a Mediterranean twist and I actually love adding them. I know that many people don’t like olives though, therefore they are not part of the ingredients.
Instead of black beans, you could add cooked chickpeas, kidney beans or pinto beans.
Great For Dinner As Well
If you want to make this tasty Mexican avocado salad for dinner, simply add your favorite cooked grains such as:
Please note that some of these options aren’t gluten-free though. I like adding quinoa, millet or gluten-free pasta.
Oil-Free Dressing Without Mayonnaise
The creamy dressing is similar to my Vegan Potato Salad and Vegan Pasta Salad dressing. However, it doesn’t contain hemp seeds or cashews. I added avocado which makes the dressing creamy and smooth. Also, it adds healthy fats, fiber, minerals, and vitamins. The healthy ingredients are:
- White beans*
- Plant-based milk
- Garlic cloves
- Lime juice or lemon juice
- Sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper
*I used Cannellini beans which add healthy plant-based protein but any white beans (e.g Navy beans, etc.) will work just fine!
How To Store Leftovers?
Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. The avocado dressing won’t be as green on the second day which is normal though.
You Will Love This Mexican Avocado Salad, Because It’s:
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
- Perfect as a summer salad
Helpful Tips For This Avocado Corn Salad
- Use your favorite veggies (e.g. zucchini, cucumber, olives…).
- Double the batch of the salad and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Bring it to a vegan potluck or barbecue (BBQ).
Should you recreate this healthy Mexican avocado corn salad, please leave a comment and rating below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I love to see your remakes!
If you love salads definitely also check out the following vegan recipes:
- Creamy Potato Salad
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Lunch Bowl With Hasselback Potatoes
- Buddha Bowl With Roasted Chickpeas
Mexican Avocado Salad
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- One 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 small ripe avocado sliced
- 1 cup (180 g) cherry tomatoes chopped
- 2 medium ears fresh corn
- Brush each of the ears of corn with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet or a grill (over medium heat) and add corn. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, rotating frequently, for a total of 10 minutes. Set aside to let cool, then carefully cut the kernels off of the cob.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: Add white beans, garlic cloves, plant-based milk, avocado, lime juice, mustard, sea salt + black pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional) to a blender or food processor. Blend on high speed and scrape down the sides if needed until the dressing is completely smooth and creamy. Set aside. Add 1 cup of plant-based milk for a thicker dressing or 1 1/4 cups for a runnier dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped peppers, onion, tomatoes, black beans, avocado, and corn. Add some dressing (you will have leftovers for the next day) and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more salt/pepper/lime juice if needed.
- Garnish with fresh herbs (e.g. parsley) and serve immediately. Enjoy! Store leftover dressing in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It tastes great over pasta salad or potato salad or any other salad.
- You can use any white beans, e.g. Cannellini beans, Navy beans or Great Northern beans.
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: