3 Healthy Vegan Breakfast ideas which are easy to make! Whether you love sweet toast or savory toast, choose from these three toast topping ideas. If you love chocolate, definitely try out the recipe for the delicious homemade chocolate spread which is low in calories and fat!
Healthy vegan breakfast ideas
We are all busy and often don’t have the time to stand in the kitchen for hours to cook a feast. Most store-bought fast-food products contain empty calories and a lot of fat, so that’s not a good option either. Here I prepared three healthy vegan breakfast ideas that are easy to make, delicious and affordable. Whether it’s a breakfast or a quick afternoon snack, these three recipes show how versatile a piece of toast can be. A toast doesn’t need to be boring, it’s all about the right toppings.
1. Toast with avocado, mustard, and black cumin seeds
At first, I made a toast with avocado slices, dijon mustard, lime juice, and black cumin seeds on top. Avocados are not only rich in healthy fats but they are furthermore also very delicious. In my opinion, they taste best when you serve them together with lime or lemon juice. You can also add sesame seeds or nuts like walnuts or pine nuts on top. My favorite is black cumin seeds (Nigella Sativa) which are very popular in Egypt and apparently these tiny seeds have many powerful substances and are also often called a miracle herb.
2. Toast with tofu and tomato slices
Furthermore, I made a toast with fried tofu slices, dijon mustard, tomatoes, and soy sauce. Slice tofu into cubes and fry them with a little bit coconut oil in a pan. You could also add a splash of soy sauce and some pepper to taste. Finally, serve with sliced cherry tomatoes and dijon mustard.
3. Toast with a homemade chocolate/peanut butter spread
And because sweet toasts are awesome as well for breakfast, I made a toast with a homemade chocolate/peanut butter spread and banana slices. I was literally addicted to Nutella in the past, that’s why I am very happy that I now have my own vegan chocolate spread recipe. It tastes so rich and chocolatey, you will most likely love it as much as I do.
And the best part? It’s low in calories and fat, yet it tastes rich and delicious! You can use it in many different recipes, for example, pour it over vegan brownies. Find the recipe for the chocolate spread below.
What are your favorite healthy vegan breakfast ideas?
Homemade Chocolate Spread
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Ready is your homemade chocolate spread! Tastes awesome with banana slices on toast!
- I am using this brand of peanut flour. You can also use PB 2 powdered peanut butter instead. You could also use your favorite nut butter (or seed butter) of choice (e.g. hazelnut butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter etc) instead of peanut flour. In this case, you will need to skip the water.