The BEST vegan brownies! Fudgy & chocolatey
Brownies – how much I adore you! When I am craving chocolate I am first thinking about brownies. But I don’t mean the regular store bought brownies, which almost make your teeth fall out because of all the refined sugar they contain, I am talking about healthy homemade brownies which taste like the real deal but don’t contain tons of fat, eggs, and refined sugar. They surely must be fudgy, chocolatey, rich, gooey, moist and delicious to satisfy my taste buds. Extra bonus if they are gluten free and also low in fat. If you think that’s not possible, hold on and check out my best vegan brownies recipe below. They even contain a secret ingredient which is pretty unique as I haven’t seen it before in any brownies in the www!
Vegan brownies with a secret ingredient!
These fudgy best vegan brownies are so much healthier than store-bought brownies since they contain a healthy secret ingredient. This secret ingredient won’t be very secret anymore as I will reveal it in a second but I am sure you will never guess what it is. Most people might think I added black beans, but nope. The secret main ingredient is canned peas! Yes, sweet peas, not sweet potatoes. You might ask why sweet peas – is this lady crazy or what?!
Well to be totally honest with you, I was going to make black bean brownies one day but then I noticed that I don’t have any black beans in my pantry, so I grabbed the sweet peas and made sweet pea brownies. Also, since I like to experiment in the kitchen, I thought, ok let’s try it out, either this recipe will turn out into the best vegan brownies or the worst ones, haha. And I really don’t regret trying it out since the recipe turned out into the best vegan brownies I ever made. They are even more chocolatey than my previous favorite, my Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies.
To sum it up, these sweet pea brownies are:
- Refined sugar-free
- Low in fat
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Easy to make
- Rich in protein
Top these best vegan brownies with even more chocolate
Well, these brownies are already very chocolatey, but you can never have enough chocolate in your life, right? So let’s top these delicious fudgy brownies with a creamy chocolate spread which tastes like buttercream! It’s made from peanut flour, cocoa powder, coconut oil, maple syrup, and water. It’s the creme de la creme on top of these best vegan brownies.
Don’t wait too long, make them today
Go and make my best vegan brownies now to combat any chocolate cravings. Seriously they are so easy and fast to make in 6 simple steps and require only a few ingredients. When I posted a teaser of these fudgy brownies on my Instagram account @elavegan people went so crazy about them and many asked for the recipe. So here they are, my delicious sweet pea brownies. Please let me know if you give my recipe a try, I am sure you will love my best vegan brownies as much as I do.
The best vegan brownies | sweet pea brownies
- Put the dry ingredients in a big bowl and stir until there are no clumps
- Blend the sweet peas with all wet ingredients in your food processor
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until the mixture is combined. If the batter is too thick add a splash of plant milk. If it's too runny add a tbsp of coconut flour
- Line a brownies mold with parchment paper or grease it with a little bit of coconut oil. My mold measures 7 x 11 inches (18 x 28 cm)
- Bake in the oven at 390 degrees F (200 degrees C) for about 50 minutes (it can take longer, depending on your oven and the mold you use) or until a toothpick comes out almost clean (can still be sticky but not liquid). Check after 40 minutes with a toothpick. Don't overcook the brownies!
- To make the chocolate cream, just put all ingredients in a small bowl and stir well with a whisk. Pour the cream on top of the brownies once they cool down. Enjoy!
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: