Marbled banana bread | a vegan and gluten free recipe
I am addicted – addicted to banana bread. Actually, I can’t imagine my life without banana bread (ok that might be “a bit” exaggerated, haha). Give me a piece of a delicious vegan banana bread and I will be your friend. Just kidding, but if you like banana bread as much as I do, you will LOVE this marbled banana bread recipe.
I made many different banana bread recipes in the past, but I was never 100% satisfied. It’s difficult if you can’t get a good brand of a gluten free flour mix where you live, so you always have to experiment. This banana loaf is not only moist and chocolatey it is also:
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar-free
- Low in fat
Put a chocolate spread on your marbled banana bread
This isn’t just a plain banana bread, this one has also a cool chocolate marble effect. A plain banana bread is delicious, no question, but a marbled banana bread is even better if you like chocolate. After all, who doesn’t like chocolate? And because chocolate in the dough isn’t enough, I also like to put more chocolate on it. This chocolate spread is made from peanut flour, cacao powder, maple syrup, and water. Mix everything together and you end up with a super yummy chocolate spread. You can find the exact recipe for the chocolate spread here.
Give this marbled bread recipe a try
People on Instagram love banana bread. When I posted a picture of this marbled banana bread on my Instagram account @elavegan so many people asked me for the recipe. That’s why I am sharing it finally on my blog today. I hope you will like it. If you try out my recipe, let me know how it turned out. Please comment below and tag me in your picture if you post it on Instagram so that I can see your recreation.
Marbled banana bread
- Put the dry ingredients (rice flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour and baking soda + baking powder) in a big bowl and stir until there are no clumps
- Blend the wet ingredients (bananas, coconut milk, maple syrup, lime juice, vanilla extract, coconut oil) in your food processor or blender
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until the mixture is just combined
- Split the batter into two bowls, so that you have about 1/3 of the batter in one bowl and 2/3 of the batter in the other bowl
- Add the ingredients for the chocolate layer (cocoa powder, coconut sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil) to the bowl with 1/3 of the batter and mix with a whisk
- Line a mold with parchment paper or grease it with a little bit of coconut oil. My mold measures 8 x 4 x 2.5 inches
- For the marble effect/swirl, just drizzle a tsp of light batter into your mold, then with a different spoon drizzle a tsp of the chocolate batter on top of it, then again the light batter etc until nothing is left
- Bake in the oven at 390 degrees F (200 degrees C) for about 50 minutes (+/- 10 minutes. The cake is ready when a toothpick comes out almost clean (don't overcook it)
- Enjoy your marbled banana bread with a chocolate spread!
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: