No-bake vegan peanut butter chocolate cupcakes
The most epic vegan peanut butter chocolate cupcakes without a doubt. Seriously THIS is my most favorite sweet recipe, I am not lying. The cupcakes are dairy free, gluten free, chocolatey and they will literally melt in your mouth. If you love peanut butter and chocolate you have to give this recipe a try, you certainly won’t regret it. Even my boyfriend said that these cupcakes taste absolutely amazing although he is more the savory guy. The cupcake base is really very simple as it is made from two ingredients only, peanuts and dates.
So easy to make
You only need 6 ingredients to make this delicious recipe and you won’t need to spend more than 15 minutes in the kitchen. Sounds great right? The cupcakes require no baking but they need to go in the freezer overnight or for at least 3 hours to set. When you use cocoa butter they will get a little harder and will be easier to put out of the mold (I use a cupcake silicone mold) but in my opinion, ethey taste slightly better with coconut oil. Try out both versions and let me know which one you prefer?!
Peanut flour instead of PB2 peanut butter?
You can use PB2 peanut butter powder to make these cupcakes or try out regular peanut flour. I use this peanut flour brand. Both are the same thing actually (roasted partially defatted peanuts) with the exception that PB2 peanut butter powder contains a little bit sugar and salt. I prefer regular peanut flour and I just make sure to add a pinch of salt. There is no need to add any sugar since the maple syrup makes these cupcakes sweet enough.
Make them today!
I made these vegan peanut butter chocolate cupcakes over and over again, actually I lost count how often I made them but I am still not tired of eating them since they are so good.
If you want to try out another healthy and easy to make chocolatey recipe check out my no-bake brownies.
Please leave a comment below and tag me with @elavegan and #elavegan on Instagram and/or Facebook if you make my vegan peanut butter chocolate cupcakes.
Vegan peanut butter chocolate cupcakes
- 8-9 small dates (60 g)
- 5 tbsp peanuts, whole and raw (60 g)
- Blend peanuts and dates in a food processor for about 10 seconds
- Press the dough into 6 muffin molds (silicone mold works best)
- Melt the cacao butter OR coconut oil on low heat (e.g. in a double boiler)
- In the meantime put all other ingredients in a bowl and stir with a spoon until it has a smooth consistency
- Add the liquid cacao butter OR coconut oil and stir again until all ingredients are combined
- Fill the PB filling on top of the crust
- Put in the freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Proceed with the chocolate filling as you did with the PB filling
- Fill the chocolate filling on top of the PB filling
- Put in the freezer overnight or for at least 2-3 hours
- Enjoy them cold but not frozen
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: