Vegan Snickers Bars
It’s time for a delicious treat which will make your mouth water. These delicious Vegan Snickers Bars are a wonderful treat if you not only love chocolate but also caramel and cream. Are you ready for this dairy-free, gluten-free, no-bake recipe? Yes? Ok, let’s start!
Healthy version of these Vegan Snickers Bars
It took me ages (ok, not ages, but many weeks) to perfection this recipe. I have tried out at least 5 different versions and probably gained 5 pounds of weight while I tested the recipe (just kidding, it’s all about balance, right). Finally, I came up with a version which I really love and a version which is equally delicious and even healthier. I will include both versions below.
Ingredients of my no-bake Vegan Snickers Bars
For the base, I simply used my healthy no-bake brownies recipe. It’s one of my most popular recipes on my blog and I thought why shouldn’t it be part of these delicious Vegan Snickers Bars?! For the cream layer, I used cashews, coconut cream, a liquid sweetener (you can use agave syrup, maple syrup or rice syrup etc). I added 1/2 cup of oat flour but you can, of course, also use almond flour for a grain free version.
The caramel layer was the hardest part because I wanted to make it as healthy as possible, but still delicious. My first version was made with coconut sugar, however, the caramel layer didn’t firm up in the fridge or freezer, so for the next version I used brown sugar which worked better but I didn’t like to use so much sugar and furthermore, the caramel layer turned out too firm.
So I tried a combo of brown sugar and syrup which worked pretty good! And, I also made a refined sugar-free version with dates which you will find in the recipe notes. It’s also very delicious, however, it doesn’t look like a #foodporn caramel layer and in my opinion, these Vegan Snickers Bars deserve a caramel layer which looks just like that lol.
The chocolate layer is easy to make but if you prefer an even easier version, then check the recipe notes below where I explain how you can make it with chocolate chips.
My no-bake Vegan Snickers Bars are:
- Refined sugar-free (if you make the date caramel version)
You can store leftovers in the freezer, or in the fridge (they will be less firm though). Please leave a comment below if you make these delicious no-bake Vegan Snickers Bars. You can also make a photo of it and post it on Instagram (or send me a DM). If you tag me in the caption + photo with @elavegan and use the hashtag #elavegan I will gladly check out your post and leave a comment.
Vegan Snickers Bars
No-bake Brownie Base (see instructions)
- Soak cashews in warm water for at least one hour, then discard the water (you can also boil them in water for 15-20 minutes or until they are soft)
- Make the no-bake brownie base as per the instructions in the recipe and press the dough firmly into a pan (lined with foil or parchment paper). My pan measures 8 1/2 x 6 inches. If you use a bigger pan the bars will be less thick.
- For the cream layer, process all ingredients in your high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Pour the cream layer onto the brownie base and put the pan into your freezer until the layer is firm (approx. one hour)
- Put all ingredients for the caramel layer (except the peanuts) into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir with a whisk and let simmer on low heat for about 10-15 minutes until the mixture gets thicker. Pour the caramel layer onto the cream layer, place the peanuts on top, and put the pan back into the freezer for about 30 minutes. Check the recipe notes if you want to make the caramel layer with dates.
- For the chocolate layer, melt the cocoa butter and the coconut oil in a double boiler. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and stir until combined. Pour the chocolate onto the caramel layer and put the pan back into the freezer for about 15 minutes. Check the recipe notes for a SIMPLE chocolate alternative
- Cut into your desired size and shape (it works best with a hot knife). Enjoy your Vegan Snickers Bars thawed!
- For the healthier date caramel use these ingredients:
- As an alternative to the chocolate layer, you can simply melt 200 g of dairy-free chocolate chips (or 2 bars of dairy-free chocolate) in a double boiler and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO:
® / ™ SNICKERS, Trademark of Mars Incorporated and its affiliates.