Delicious Gnocchi All’Arrabbiata recipe which is vegan, gluten-free, and easy to make. This blog post is kindly sponsored by Pomi, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Healthy Gnocchi All’Arrabbiata recipe
Are you a fan of hearty and spicy sauces? If yes, keep reading. Because this Gnocchi All’Arrabbiata sauce recipe is going to be perfect for you. It’s hearty, spicy, fruity, and very tasty. The recipe is furthermore plant-based, gluten-free, and super easy to make. Making the sauce takes actually less than 20 minutes. Easy vegan dinner recipes that taste amazing are my fave and I bet yours too.
Gnocchi vs Pasta
What do you prefer? Pasta or Gnocchi? I actually love both, however, lately I have been obsessed with Gnocchi. These cute mini “potato dumplings” are super tasty and versatile. You can buy store-bought Gnocchi or even make your own. I have been experimenting a lot with gluten-free Gnocchi recipes and recently came up with one protein-rich version that came out pretty amazing. I will need to make it one more time though, just to be sure that the recipe is really perfect.
The Gnocchi which you can see in this blog post are the homemade ones and I really like how they turned out. I will most likely share the recipe on my blog in the near future because I am pretty sure that some of you are interested in a homemade Gnocchi recipe that is vegan AND gluten-free. But until then you can use store-bought Gnocchi which taste great as well.
Gnocchi All’Arrabbiata sauce
Like mentioned before, it takes less than 20 minutes to make this hearty, fruity All’Arrabbiata sauce. I’ve used Pomi’s Chopped Tomatoes which are not only organic but also made in Italy. And we all know that sun-ripened Italian tomatoes are the best. I really love their brand a lot and I can taste that the tomatoes are perfectly ripe and processed immediately after harvesting. This sauce is not only great for Gnocchi All’Arrabbiata, but it’s also amazing for pizza and pasta!
You most likely already have all ingredients at home to make this hearty Gnocchi All’Arrabbiata. The recipe is super simple and done fast. All you need is a package of Gnocchi, chopped tomatoes, a couple of condiments and a skillet. Easy peasy!
This Gnocchi All’Arrabbiata recipe is:
- Easy to make
- Ready in less than 20 minutes
The recipe serves 2-4 (depending on how hungry you are). I managed to “devour” everything (which you can see in the photos) with my boyfriend in one sitting lol. It was sooo yummy! However, vegans always tend to eat quite a lot, at least we do, haha.
If you make this delicious Gnocchi Arrabbiata recipe and maybe even take a photo of it, then I would love to see it. You can DM it to me on Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me in your Insta caption + photo with @elavegan and use the hashtag #elavegan and I will gladly check out your post.
- 500 g gnocchi (store-bought or homemade)
- 750 g chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/3 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1 heaped tsp sugar
- 1/4 to 1 tsp red pepper flakes (*see recipe notes)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- A splash red wine (optional)
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Vegan cheese sauce (optional)
- In a pan or skillet heat olive oil over medium heat and add chopped onion. Fry for about 3 minutes, then add garlic and spices, stir with a spoon.
- Next, add the chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add one bay leaf (optional), the tomato paste, red wine (optional) and let the sauce simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi as per the package instructions.
- If you don't like it too spicy, add less red pepper flakes.
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
IF YOU ARE USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: