Gluten-free, vegan cauliflower patties recipe
How awesome are burger patties?! I love them, they are so easy to make and they are furthermore healthy if they are not deep fried. I have been experimenting with all kind of veggies like zucchinis, carrots, celery, and cauliflower to make these fritters. This cauliflower patties recipe is my absolute favorite.
Aside from the incredible taste, these patties are also…
- relatively low carb
They are also high in fiber and protein. Yes, high in protein because of the chickpeas, chickpea flour, and the flax seeds. The flax seeds contain furthermore omega 3 fatty acids which makes the patties even healthier.
These fritters are versatile
You can eat these cauliflower patties as a snack with mustard or a cashew cream cheese spread. Another possibility is to serve them as veggie burgers or add them to your buddha bowl. You can also add some grated vegan cheese or finely chopped veggies to the batter like peppers or zucchini. These cauliflower patties contain wholefood plant-based ingredients only. The recipe is so simple and these patties taste very delicious. They actually taste so good that I always have to resist devouring them right out of the pan. Doing this is not a great idea, as I tend to burn my mouth haha.
Easy to make cauliflower patties recipe
This recipe is so easy to make and won’t take more than half an hour. Of course, you could also bake the cauliflower patties in the oven if you don’t want to use any oil to fry them but it will take much longer and they won’t be crispy.
You could also add these patties to the following healthy vegan buddha bowl: VEGAN BUDDHA BOWL WITH ROASTED CHICKPEAS
I hope you will enjoy my cauliflower patties recipe. If you try it out please leave a comment below and/or tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan so that I can see it and leave a comment.
Cauliflower patties recipe
- Cook the cauliflower florets in salted water until tender, then discard the water.
- Meanwhile combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Pulse all wet ingredients (except the oil for frying) in your food processor until combined (don't over process).
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix everything together with your hands.
- Form 8-10 patties and fry them with some oil in a skillet from both sides (about 5 minutes each) until golden brown.
- Serve with mustard or any other dip of choice.
- You can add a little bit of grated vegan cheese and some chopped veggies to the batter to make the patties taste even better. This step is optional.
- The recipe makes 10 patties. Nutrition facts are for one patty.
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: