This best vegan Alfredo sauce is creamy, healthy, and perfect for pasta. The recipe is gluten-free, nut-free, and easy to make. This blog post is kindly sponsored by SUNFOOD, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Best vegan Alfredo sauce recipe
Creamy, dreamy pasta! Yes, this sums it up pretty nicely. Guys, today I am presenting you this best vegan Alfredo sauce recipe which I ever made! The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, healthy, and super creamy. It’s done in less than 30 minutes, so let’s start!
I love healthy recipes and I actually try to incorporate as many veggies as possible into my diet. Not only in my savory dishes, but I also make cakes with veggies like zucchini and sweet potato. For example, this chocolate zucchini cake and these vegan brownies with peas (yes peas, lol).
After my vegan pasta bake with cauliflower turned out so creamy and delicious, I decided to make a new pasta sauce recipe with cauliflower. And it was a success! In my opinion, this is the best vegan Alfredo sauce recipe. Not to forget, that it contains healthy plant-based ingredients only.
You probably know that it’s important for vegans to eat healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Vegans tend to eat a lot of nuts which contain protein but also lots omega-6 fatty acids (walnuts are an exception). However, it’s important to keep a healthy balance between omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids!
Hemp seeds are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids, and omega-9 fatty acid. Hemp is also rich in zinc, magnesium, iron, fiber and amino acids. Do you know that it actually contains all 20 amino acids, including all 9 essential amino acids?! Hemp is a unique source of support for muscles, heart, and digestive health.
I like to sprinkle hemp seeds over soups, salads and Buddha bowls. They have a nutty flavor and because of their soft texture, they are also perfect for smoothies and creamy sauces. I love using Sunfood’s Hemp Seeds since they are organic, raw and have a superior quality!
This best vegan alfredo sauce is
- Nut-free (no cashews)
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Easy to make
Amazing for lunch & dinner, great for meal-prep
This creamy healthy Alfredo sauce is perfect for pasta (I used fettuccine) and you can use any pasta you like. It’s a delicious quick lunch or dinner which is very comforting. It’s also great for meal-prep which you can take to work, uni or school.
If you make this best vegan Alfredo recipe and maybe even take a photo of it, then I would love to see it. You can DM it to me on Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me in your Insta caption + photo with @elavegan and use the hashtag #elavegan and I will gladly check out your post.
Best vegan Alfredo sauce
- 1 pound cooked cauliflower (small to medium sized head)
- 250 g mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Pinch of chili powder (optional)
- 8 oz pasta of choice (e.g. gluten-free pasta)
- Fresh herbs to garnish (e.g. parsley)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and cook it in salted water for about 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the water.
- In another pot cook pasta of choice as per the instructions on the package.
- While the cauliflower and pasta cooks, slice mushrooms and finely mince the garlic.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a skillet and add the garlic. Fry over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic, the drained cauliflower, and all other ingredients (except the pasta, the mushrooms, and the fresh herbs) to a high-speed blender and mix on high speed for about 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Try the sauce and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Heat another 1 tsp of oil in a skillet (use the same one which you used for the garlic) and add the mushrooms. Sauté for about 3-5 minutes over medium heat, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the cooked pasta, add the mushrooms, garnish with fresh herbs (e.g. parsley) and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge.