Avocado chickpea pizza
It doesn’t happen very often that a week passes without me making pizza lol. My latest addiction is this avocado chickpea pizza with vegan cheese! It’s the perfect combo of healthy fats, proteins, and carbs, plus it tastes super delicious. Don’t believe me? Try it out for yourself!
Buffalo chickpea pizza wasn’t enough
Well, I made a buffalo chickpea pizza before, you can check it out on my Instagram account. However, something was missing…. it was the avocado which made this pizza even yummier. It’s important to add the avocado AFTER cooking though because I made the experience that cooked avocado tastes weird (anyone else noticed this?). The sauce is a little bit spicy if you add hot sauce (e.g. Sriracha) but it can be left out, of course.
This avocado chickpea pizza is:
- Easy to make
Gluten-free pizza crust
You can make this avocado chickpea pizza with any crust of choice but I would recommend my best gluten-free pizza crust. I use it for all my pizza recipes and it always turns out great. I often make a medium-sized pizza which will result in a thicker crust but this time I made a larger pizza, that’s why the crust turned out thinner and more crispy. It’s your choice, both variations taste amazing!
Avocado chickpea pizza with vegan cheese
Avocado Chickpea Pizza
- 1 batch of gluten-free pizza crust (or crust of choice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or any other oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (tomato passata)
- 4 tbsp coconut milk canned (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (or more/less to taste)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1 tsp each of smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Make the pizza crust as per the instructions in the recipe. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
- To make the sauce, mix 1 tbsp oil and all other sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Spread the sauce (but save 3-4 tbsp) on the pizza crust and put the pizza in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet, add the remaining 3-4 tbsp of sauce and the chickpeas and fry for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Peel the avocado, remove the stem, and cut it into pieces and put it on the pizza right before serving. Season again with sea salt/pepper/spices if desired. Enjoy your delicious avocado chickpea pizza!
- Nutrition facts are for two slices without cheese.
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: