Avocado chickpea pizza
It doesn’t happen very often that a week passes without me making pizza lol. My latest addiction is this avocado chickpea pizza with vegan cheese! It’s the perfect combo of healthy fats, proteins, and carbs, plus it tastes super delicious. Don’t believe me? Try it out for yourself!
Buffalo chickpea pizza wasn’t enough
Well, I made a buffalo chickpea pizza before, you can check it out on my Instagram account. However, something was missing…. it was the avocado which made this pizza even yummier. It’s important to add the avocado AFTER cooking though because I made the experience that cooked avocado tastes weird (anyone else noticed this?). The sauce is a little bit spicy if you add hot sauce (e.g. Sriracha) but it can be left out, of course.
This avocado chickpea pizza is:
- Easy to make
Gluten-free pizza crust
You can make this avocado chickpea pizza with any crust of choice but I would recommend my best gluten-free pizza crust. I use it for all my pizza recipes and it always turns out great. I often make a medium-sized pizza which will result in a thicker crust but this time I made a larger pizza, that’s why the crust turned out thinner and more crispy. It’s your choice, both variations taste amazing!
Avocado chickpea pizza with vegan cheese
Avocado Chickpea Pizza
- 1 batch of gluten-free pizza crust (or crust of choice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or any other oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (tomato passata)
- 4 tbsp coconut milk canned (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (or more/less to taste)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1 tsp each of smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 batch of easy vegan cheese sauce or cheese of choice (optional)
- 1 avocado
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas
- Make the pizza crust as per the instructions in the recipe. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
- To make the sauce, mix 1 tbsp oil and all other sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Spread the sauce (but save 3-4 tbsp) on the pizza crust and put the pizza in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet, add the remaining 3-4 tbsp of sauce and the chickpeas and fry for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Spread the chickpea mixture and the vegan cheese sauce onto the pizza and put it back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes (or until crispy). You can use any other vegan cheese of choice.
- Peel the avocado, remove the stem, and cut it into pieces and put it on the pizza right before serving. Season again with sea salt/pepper/spices if desired. Enjoy your delicious avocado chickpea pizza!
- Nutrition facts are for two slices without cheese.
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo:
I can’t have night shades, is there another sauce you have that doesn’t have tomatoes in it?
Hi Erica, you can leave out the tomato sauce and just use the vegan cheese sauce.
I m going to try making this with my little edits. Thanks for sharing.
You are very welcome, Bharat. 🙂
I just tried that recipe for the first time. I also used your pizza crust recipe for that.
It’s great ! It tastes so good. I even added some corn to the toppings.
I just noticed that the middle was a little soft compared to the crunchy crust. I guess I have to roll it a little thinner next time.
Delicious recipe ela !
I am trying out your recipes recently and they are great.
I’ll keep in touch 🙂
That’s awesome, Ayleen! I am so glad you liked the pizza. 🙂
I saw this pizza on your sweet potato pizza crust post but it also had spinach on it and. I was just wondering when you would add the spinach? Do you cook it with the chickpeas or just throw it on right before throwing it in the oven with the chickpea mixture?
Hi Delyssa, I actually added it right before I turned off the oven. So I baked it only for a few minutes. 🙂
Hi! Looks delicious. Do you have the recipe for the seeet potato crust you posted on your instagram?
Not yet, because I still need to tweak the recipe. 🙂
made this last week on a whim! my boyfriend loved it so much i had to make him his own after he shared mine !
Yay, that’s awesome! So glad you liked my recipe!! 🙂
Such an interesting recipe Ela! Saving it for a weekend pizza party 😀
Thank you, Maria 🙂
Just made this. Soooo delicious! Everyone loved it,. Thanks for sharing!
That’s awesome, Caroline! Thanks for your great feedback. 🙂
This pizza looks so good with the cheese sauce, Ela! I love that it is gluten-free 🙂
I can’t wait to try it!
Thank you very much, Nolwenn. I hope you will like my pizza. 🙂
Lots of love, Ela
Dee | Green Smoothie Gourmet
Ela! This is my dream pizza! I bet it is so filling it could keep me going all day, thank you for sharing! Dee xx
Thank you very much, Dee! I hope you will give it a try. 🙂
Lots of love, Ela
I must admit, I have never had an avocado on pizza! But I do like the idea, and definitely will try it soon! Delicious recipe as always Ela!
Thank you very much, Anna! I hope you will like it as much as I do.
Lots of love Ela
This pizza looks so delicious!????
I love avocado as a pizza topping 🙂
Such a great recipe ????❤️
Thank you, Bianca! I am glad you like avocado on pizza as much as I do. 🙂
I enjoy everything you make
My daughter is a kidney transplant survivor ? we change our lifestyle eating habbit we enjoy all your recipes wow wow wow yummy . I want start to cook these amazing recipes for daughter and I mom
Aww, thanks so much for sharing! All the best to you and your daughter! 🙂