Avocado chickpea pizza
Avocado chickpea pizza with vegan cheese! This pizza is gluten-free, plant-based, contains healthy proteins, fats, and carbs. An easy recipe which is perfect for lunch or dinner, especially on weekends.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil or any other oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (tomato passata)
- 4 tbsp coconut milk canned (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (or more/less to taste)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- spice mix (1 tsp each of smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Make the pizza crust as per the instructions in the recipe. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
To make the sauce, mix 1 tbsp oil and all other sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Spread the sauce (but save 3-4 tbsp) on the pizza crust and put the pizza in the oven for 10 minutes.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet, add the remaining 3-4 tbsp of sauce and the chickpeas and fry for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
Spread the chickpea mixture and the vegan cheese sauce onto the pizza and put it back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes (or until crispy).
Peel the avocado, remove the stem, and cut it into pieces and put it on the pizza right before serving. Season again with sea salt/pepper/spices if desired. Enjoy your delicious avocado chickpea pizza!