Avocado chickpea pizza
Avocado chickpea pizza with vegan cheese! This pizza is gluten-free, plant-based, contains healthy proteins, fats, and carbs. An easy recipe which is perfect for lunch or dinner, especially on weekends.
- 2 tbsp olive oil or any other oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (tomato passata)
- 4 tbsp coconut milk canned (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (or more/less to taste)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- spice mix (1 tsp each of smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Make the pizza crust as per the instructions in the recipe. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
To make the sauce, mix 1 tbsp oil and all other sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Spread the sauce (but save 3-4 tbsp) on the pizza crust and put the pizza in the oven for 10 minutes.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet, add the remaining 3-4 tbsp of sauce and the chickpeas and fry for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
Spread the chickpea mixture and the vegan cheese sauce onto the pizza and put it back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes (or until crispy).
Peel the avocado, remove the stem, and cut it into pieces and put it on the pizza right before serving. Season again with sea salt/pepper/spices if desired. Enjoy your delicious avocado chickpea pizza!