These crispy oven-baked parmesan potato wedges are 100% vegan, gluten-free, easy to make and flavorful. They are a great side dish, snack or appetizer. Enjoy with ketchup, guac, or mayo.
Vegan Parmesan Potato Fries
Do you love fast-food? Well, I do, but only when it’s healthy. So today I decided to make these crispy vegan parmesan potato wedges which I served with two different dips.
This recipe is super easy to make and you will only need a few ingredients. It’s a wonderful side dish, snack or appetizer.
The preparation time of the vegan parmesan is only some minutes and even though it doesn’t taste exactly like real parmesan, it’s still very delicious. The cheezy flavor comes from the nutritional yeast flakes.
I added ground almond flour to the mixture because almonds contain healthy fats and underline the taste of the nutritional yeast flakes. But you can also use ground cashew nuts instead of ground almonds. To make the recipe nut-free simply use ground sunflower seeds or hemp seeds.
Not Only For Potato Wedges
This vegan parmesan can be sprinkled over every savory food, it also tastes great on spaghetti, pizza, rice dishes, and even veggies. You can make “cauliflower buffalo wings” with the vegan parmesan or put it on your avocado toast. There are lots of options, and I never get tired of the taste.
How To Make Vegan Parmesan Potato Wedges?
The recipe is very easy to make and involves only a few steps.
- First, you need to chop the potatoes into wedges and prepare the flax egg mixture.
- Next, prepare the homemade “parmesan” breading in a food processor or in a bowl.
- Coat the wedges with the flax egg mixture and toss in the breading.
- Bake in the oven until crispy!
That’s it! I am sure you will love the recipe because it is:
- Easy to make
Healthier Than Deep Fried Fries
As I wrote before, I love eating fast food, but not when it’s deep-fried because it gives me a stomach ache. These vegan parmesan potato wedges are much healthier than deep-fried potato fries from a fast-food restaurant but they are still very flavorful and delicious.
Use Your Favorite Dip
I served the vegan parmesan potato wedges with ketchup and homemade guacamole but you can use any dip of choice, for example, vegan mayonnaise.
Should you recreate this recipe, please leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I love to see your remakes.
If you love hearty snacks, definitely also check out the following recipes:
- Buffalo Chickpea Taquitos
- Vegan Grilled Cheese
- Oven-Baked Potato Wedges
- Crispy Polenta Fries
- Veggie Fritters
- Cauliflower Patties
Vegan Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 4 medium/big russet potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds (or chia seeds)
- 9 tbsp water
- For the flax egg: Put the ground flax seeds (or chia seeds) and water into a small bowl and mix with a whisk. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Peel potatoes and slice into wedges.
- Preheat oven to 390°F (200°C). Lightly grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Process all vegan parmesan ingredients in your food processor (or mix them together in a bowl) and set aside.
- Coat the potato wedges with a little bit of flax egg (or chia egg) and then toss them in the vegan parmesan until evenly coated.
- Place the potato wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet and spritz thoroughly with cooking spray.
- Bake until crispy for about 30-40 minutes, flipping them over after 20 minutes. Enjoy hot!
- For a nut-free version, you could use ground sunflower seeds or hemp seeds.
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: