Crispy oven baked potato wedges with guacamole. They are flavorful, hearty, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Enjoy these delicious homemade potato fries loaded with the creamiest guacamole! Easy healthy recipe with simple ingredients which can be also made in an Air Fryer!
Low-Fat Oven Baked Potato Wedges
Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, that’s how I love them! Fries are delicious, I always loved eating them. But every time when I ordered French fries in a restaurant I got sick right after eating them. My stomach hurt and I really felt bad for at least half an hour.
Too much refined oil just doesn’t agree with me. If you love fries but don’t want them to be covered in oil, try out my low-fat oven baked potato wedges.
I love this recipe because it is:
- Easy to make with only a few simple ingredients
- Much healthier than fries in a restaurant
- Oven baked, not deep fried
Which Potatoes Work Best For Oven Baked Potato Wedges?
I like using Russet potatoes or Yukon Gold. Russet potatoes have a higher starch content (such as Idaho which works as well) but Yukon Gold potatoes are a great alternative!
To find out more about the different potato types, check out this helpful guide.
How To Make The Best Oven Baked Potato Wedges
- First, you need to preheat your oven and line a large baking sheet (or two baking sheets) with parchment paper.
- Next, either peel your potatoes or leave the skin on (rub it clean if you don’t peel). Both work fine, the skin will add a nice texture.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Then cut the halves into thirds or fourths (depending on the size of the potato).
- Toss in a bowl with all seasonings and spread over the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the oven until crispy and deep golden brown.
Serve Potato Wedges With Creamy Guacamole
You can use any dipping sauce of choice, for example, ketchup or vegan mayonnaise. However, I love eating potato wedges with guacamole! It’s creamy, rich, and so delicious! I have included the recipe for the best guacamole below.
It’s super easy to make because you just need to process all ingredients in a food processor and it’s ready!
What Are The Best Seasonings For Potato Wedges?
I used the following seasonings which add a very nice flavor:
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Balsamic vinegar
- Soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- Nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
These Oven Baked Potato Wedges Are:
- Low in fat
- Much healthier than fries from a restaurant
- A perfect snack
It makes me so happy that I can enjoy potato wedges again because they are oven baked and not deep fried. No more stomach aches, yay!
Should you recreate this potato wedges recipe, please leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I love to see your remakes! If you love crispy side dishes, definitely also check out the following recipes:
- Vegan Parmesan Potato Fries
- Vegan Chili Cheese Fries
- Crispy Polenta Fries
- Cauliflower Patties
- Veggie Fritters
Oven Baked Potato Wedges
- 1 large avocado
- 1 small tomato
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- A small handful of greens (e.g. basil, parsley)
- A splash of plant-based milk
- onion powder, cumin, salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- You can peel the potatoes or leave the peel on for some texture. Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Then cut the halves into thirds or fourths (depending on the size of the potato).
- Add potato wedges to a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl whisk together all other ingredients. Pour the mixture over the potato wedges and toss until they are coated from all sides.
- Spread potato wedges over the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 40 minutes, flipping them halfway through until they are golden brown and crispy.
- 5 minutes before the potato wedges are ready, start making the guacamole: Simply blend all ingredients in a food processor until creamy. Enjoy!
Video Of The Recipe
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: