This spinach pizza ring (also known as Pizza Corona) with mushrooms and vegan cheese is a great party food which will impress your guests. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free and easy to make.
How To Make A Pizza Crescent Ring
Are you looking for awesome party food which will impress all your party guests? This pizza Crescent ring might look complicated but in fact, it’s super easy to make in just a few simple steps. I have included pictures below which describe every step. The recipe for this amazing spinach pizza is vegan and gluten-free.
As you know, I love pizza a lot and make at least one pizza a week. A regular pizza might get a little boring after a while though, that’s why I tried out something new and made this pizza Crescent ring. And the first attempt was a success, yay!
Pizza Ring Toppings
I chose spinach, mushrooms, onion, garlic and vegan cheese as filling because these are my favorite pizza toppings. You can choose any toppings you like for this pizza, for example, tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, corn, eggplant, chickpeas, pineapple and so much more.
Pizza Ring Dough
I used my best gluten-free pizza dough to make this recipe, however, you can make your favorite dough, whether it’s gluten-free or not. You can even use puff pastry as a dough (usually puff pastry is vegan).
Making this pizza is actually fun because it’s so simple. You can get creative and try out different dough recipes (regular dough, puff pastry, etc), different toppings, and I am sure kids would love to get involved! I used my easy vegan cheese sauce for this recipe, however, you can use any vegan cheese of choice.
This Vegan Spinach Pizza Is:
- Easy to make
- A great party snack
Pizza Ring = Great Party Food
I made this vegan spinach pizza a few times for dinner but I can’t wait to make it as party food in the future. It’s so much fun to get creative and try out new things with pizza dough.
Should you recreate my vegan pizza recipe, please leave a comment below and don’t forget to tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and #elavegan because I love to see your remakes.
Vegan Spinach Pizza Crescent Ring
- 1 batch Pizza dough (see recipe instructions)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 oz (150 g) spinach fresh
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup of mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 200 g vegan cheese (or vegan cheese of choice)
- Make the pizza dough as described in this recipe or use your own favorite dough.
- Chop onion, garlic, mushrooms and heat oil in a skillet. Fry the veggies together with soy sauce over low-medium heat for about 5-6 minutes. Add spinach, all spices, and turn off the heat after 45-60 seconds.
- Meanwhile, make one batch of my vegan cheese sauce and add it to the skillet (skip this step if you use store-bought cheese).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Roll out the dough into a circle (10-11" in diameter) and cut into it with a knife (see instruction photos above in the blog post).
- Spread the filling onto the dough.
- Now from the middle of the dough, take the triangle slits of dough and pull them over your toppings and push down onto the edge (see instruction photos above in the blog post).
- Brush your pizza ring with some oil or vegan egg-wash.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes (depends on how thin you rolled out your dough and which kind of dough you used). Enjoy!
Nutrition information is an estimate and has been calculated automatically
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: