Oven baked blueberry pancakes, a family-friendly recipe
Did you ever make pancakes in the oven? Well, me neither, until a few days ago when I stood in the kitchen and had an epiphany. It happens to me so often, I am about to make something different but then there is this light bulb in my head… My original plan was to either make blueberry pancakes or a blueberry sheet cake. Then I asked myself, “why not make oven baked blueberry pancakes aka blueberry sheet pancakes?! I could just pour the pancake batter into my sheet pan and bake them in the oven”! I tried it out and I was surprised that the first try turned out so amazing!
Fluffy and soft blueberry sheet pancakes
So I was about to mix my regular batter for my 3-ingredient banana oat pancakes but then I noticed I ran out of oats. Oh well, since I am used to being a “mad scientist” I created a new recipe with rice flour and a few other ingredients. I wanted the batter to be pretty light colored because I think it makes a nicer contrast to the lovely blueberries. The oven baked blueberry pancakes turned out super soft, fluffy, and delicious. My recipe doesn’t contain any butter, oil, eggs, gluten or dairy! Yes, it’s vegan, gluten-free and pretty healthy. You can even make the glaze refined sugar-free.
Easy to make oven baked blueberry pancakes
It took me less than 10 minutes to prepare the batter for these vegan oven baked blueberry pancakes. You just need to whisk together 10 ingredients and you are ready to pour the batter into your sheet pan and bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes. The ingredients I am using for this recipe are available everywhere and most people already have them at home.
Benefits of oven baked pancakes
Regular pancakes are great, no question! But oven baked pancakes can be served all at the same time, which makes them family-friendly. I know it can be pretty annoying when you make pancakes for your family or friends, and they are all sitting hungry at the table, while you stand in the kitchen and flip a bunch of pancakes. Not anymore, with these oven baked blueberry pancakes. No more flipping, messing around with the batter, burning your fingers (well that’s me, haha). You just have to prepare the batter, which takes no longer than 10 minutes, and once the sheet pancakes are done, you can serve them all at the same time, and enjoy them still warm. Awesome right?
My oven baked blueberry pancakes are:
- Refined sugar-free
- Done in 30 minutes
- Easy to make
Try out my oven baked blueberry pancakes
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and I can’t wait to hear back from you about my recipe. Feel free to comment below, and tag me in your Instagram or Facebook post with @elavegan and please also use #elavegan so that I can see your recreations.
Oven baked blueberry pancakes
- Make the flax eggs by mixing 3 tbsp ground flax seeds with 9 tbsp water, set aside for 5-10 minutes
- In a small bowl combine coconut milk, maple syrup, and lime juice, set aside
- Put the dried shredded coconut into a food processor or coffee grinder and blend for a couple of seconds (skip this step if you use ground almonds)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and stir with a whisk
- Add the flax eggs and the coconut milk to the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk everything together until just combined
- Pour this mixture into a lined sheet pan (mine measures about 8x11 inches)
- Top with blueberries
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes, carefully remove from the pan and cut into slices
- Enjoy with maple syrup or any other sweetener ( I used a glaze with Erythritol, click here for the recipe)
If you are using Pinterest, feel free to pin the following photo: