Mexican Pizza Recipe
A delicious homemade Mexican Pizza recipe which is easy to make and healthy! This loaded vegetarian pizza is topped with refried beans, onion, corn, peppers, jalapeño, and vegan cheese. It can be made with a (gluten-free) pizza crust or with flour tortillas!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- Your favorite pizza crust (I made my own crust, see notes)
- One 16 oz can refried beans (I used homemade, see notes)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup corn
- 2/3 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- A pinch of cayenne
- 1 jalapeño pepper or more to taste
- 7-8 oz vegan cheese (I used homemade, see notes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salsa (optional, see notes)
First, prepare the dough using my Homemade Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Recipe (click for the recipe) or use a store-bought pizza crust. Check the recipe notes below for the tortilla version.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius) and line a large baking sheet with greased parchment paper.
Transfer the Refried Beans to a bowl and add a splash of water to make the mixture spreadable. Add all spices (cumin, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper).
Chop/dice/slice the onion, pepper, and jalapeño.
Transfer the pizza crust onto the lined baking sheet and add a thick layer of refried beans.
Put the veggies, jalapeño, and corn on top.
Finally, add a generous layer of vegan cheese (I added my Vegan Cheese Sauce).
Sprinkle with salt and bake the pizza in the oven until crispy, about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- Here is the recipe for my Gluten-Free Pizza Crust.
- You can use 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas instead of a pizza crust. Fry all tortillas in some oil, then top two tortillas with refried beans and veggies. Cover each tortilla with a second tortilla, bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Spread some salsa and vegan cheese on top of each tortilla stack and return to the oven for 5-8 more minutes.
- Here is the recipe for my Instant Pot Refried Beans.
- Here is the recipe for my Vegan Cheese Sauce.
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Mexican Pizza Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 67.5g | Protein: 8.5g | Fat: 11.3g | Fiber: 7.1g | Sugar: 6.4g