Vegan Lava Cake
This Molten Lava Cake is perfect for you if you love chocolate! So rich, fudgy, decadent, luscious, and yummy! The recipe is vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), gluten-free, and easy to make!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 40 g dairy-free chocolate of choice (see recipe notes)
Watch the video (scroll down a bit) to see all instruction steps.
Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C) and grease one big ramekin (5 1/2 inches diameter) or 4 small ones (you can also use silicone muffin molds or aluminum muffin molds or mugs).
Process all dry ingredients in a food processor
Add the wet ingredients and mix again until combined.
Pour the mixture into the ramekin and place the chocolate into the center.
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. If you use small molds the baking time will be approximately 15 minutes.
Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the mold. Enjoy!
- Simply process oats in a blender or electric coffee/spice grinder until you have flour.
- You can use ground shredded unsweetened coconut (or ground coconut flakes) instead of ground almonds (almond flour).
- 1/3 cup applesauce might be a good substitute for the banana.
- It depends on the type of chocolate whether you will have a lava-like runny center or not. I have successfully used dairy-free chocolate chips. This is how: Melt 30 grams of dairy-free chocolate chips with 1/2 tbsp coconut milk in a water bath and pour the mixture into a silicone muffin mold. Put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until firm. Then use it like regular chocolate.
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 23g