Vegan Bounty Bars
These homemade coconut chocolate bars (vegan Bounty bars) are the perfect dessert if you love coconut and chocolate. Only 7 ingredients and no oven required. This no-bake recipe is vegan, gluten-free, easy to make and can be made refined sugar-free, and keto-friendly (see recipe notes).
I recommend using a kitchen scale for this recipe.
Process the shredded unsweetened coconut, the Erythritol (or Xylitol or powdered sugar), and salt in a food processor. Blend for some seconds, then add the coconut yogurt and vanilla extract. Blend again.
Scrape down the sides with a spatula or spoon and blend again until all the ingredients are well combined. If the mixture is too wet, add more shredded unsweetened coconut. If it's too dry, add more coconut yogurt.
Take out about 1 heaped tbsp of the mixture and form it into a rounded bar (similar to the shape of bounty bars) with your hands. Do this until no coconut dough is left.
Place all coconut bars onto a plate and freeze for at least 45 minutes or until firm (longer is better).
Melt chocolate with coconut oil in a double boiler (or in the microwave).
Dip each coconut bar into the chocolate sauce and freeze again for about 15 minutes.
Store leftovers in the fridge or in the freezer! Enjoy!
- I used Erythritol as a sweetener. To make powdered Erythritol, simply process the granulated Erythritol in an electric coffee/spice grinder. You can use powdered sugar instead (for a non-keto version).
- You can probably use coconut cream (the hard part of a can of coconut milk after you put it into the fridge overnight) instead of coconut yogurt. Please note, that I haven't tried making this recipe with coconut cream but it should work just fine!
- The coconut center is pretty soft and the bars can be eaten right out of the freezer (don't need to be thawed). If you prefer a harder center, then add 2 tbsp of melted cacao butter to the coconut mixture. Instead of cacao butter, you could add 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil which would make the center a little bit harder. If you love a soft center, then definitely leave out the oil!
- To make these vegan Bounty bars low carb, keto-friendly and refined sugar-free, you will need to make homemade keto-friendly chocolate with these ingredients:
Carefully melt the cacao butter and coconut oil over low heat in a saucepan (or in a double boiler), add the other ingredients and stir with a whisk. Done!
- 40 grams of powdered Erythritol
- 30 grams of cacao butter
- 10 grams of coconut oil
- 10 grams of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Vegan Bounty Bars
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.