These homemade coconut chocolate bars (vegan Bounty bars) are the perfect dessert if you love coconut and chocolate. Only 7 ingredients and no oven required. This no-bake recipe is vegan, gluten-free, easy to make and can be made refined sugar-free, and keto-friendly (see recipe notes).
- I used Erythritol as a sweetener. To make powdered Erythritol, simply process the granulated Erythritol in an electric coffee/spice grinder. You can use powdered sugar instead (for a non-keto version).
- You can probably use coconut cream (the hard part of a can of coconut milk after you put it into the fridge overnight) instead of coconut yogurt. Please note, that I haven't tried making this recipe with coconut cream but it should work just fine!
- The coconut center is pretty soft and the bars can be eaten right out of the freezer (don't need to be thawed). If you prefer a harder center, then add 2 tbsp of melted cacao butter to the coconut mixture. Instead of cacao butter, you could add 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil which would make the center a little bit harder. If you love a soft center, then definitely leave out the oil!
- To make these vegan Bounty bars low carb, keto-friendly and refined sugar-free, you will need to make homemade keto-friendly chocolate with these ingredients:
- 40 grams of powdered Erythritol
- 30 grams of cacao butter
- 10 grams of coconut oil
- 10 grams of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Carefully melt the cacao butter and coconut oil over low heat in a saucepan (or in a double boiler), add the other ingredients and stir with a whisk. Done!
Homemade vegan bounty bars
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.