Vegan Pumpkin Cake
Vegan pumpkin cake with a fluffy cashew frosting. This vegan cake is gluten-free, oil-free, plant-based (egg-free, dairy-free), easy to make and healthy.
Servings 11 slices
- 240 g fresh pumpkin grated (or 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup (240 ml) plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup (60 g) nut butter of choice e.g. almond butter (*see notes)
- 2 tbsp (40 g) maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cover the cashews in a jar or small bowl with hot water and allow them to soak for 30-50 minutes (then discard the water).
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit/190 degrees Celsius and line an 8x4 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir with a whisk or spoon until there are no lumps.
Process all wet ingredients in a blender or food processor until the mixture is smooth.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula or whisk.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted into the center of the loaf, comes out clean. Let it cool.
Blend all ingredients for the cashew cream in your blender until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Spread about half of the cream on the cake (you can save the remaining cream for another dessert). Enjoy! Store leftovers covered in the fridge.
- Rice flour: You can use a gluten-free flour blend (e.g. Bob's Red Mill 1:1 all-purpose flour). Use regular wheat flour or spelt flour if you aren't gluten-free.
- Nut butter: You can use any nut butter of choice or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version.
- The recipe makes an 8x4 inch loaf which I cut into 11 slices. The nutrition facts are for one slice (without the frosting).
Vegan Pumpkin Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.7g4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.