Baked blueberry donuts
Baked blueberry donuts with a refined sugar-free lemon glaze. These blueberry donuts are vegan (dairy-free, egg-free), gluten-free, low in fat, healthy and yummy!
Servings 6 donuts
- 3/4 cup blueberries (120 g)
- 1 large, ripe banana (120 g)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk canned (or coconut cream) (60 g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave syrup (80 g)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice (28 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Lemon glaze (keto)
- 1/4 cup Erythritol or white sugar for a non-keto version (50 g) (*see recipe notes)
- 1-2 tbsp coconut milk or any other plant milk (*see recipe notes)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
For the donuts:
Preheat oven to 190 °C (370 °F) and lightly grease a donut mold with oil.
Put the shredded coconut into an electric coffee/spice grinder or food processor, blend for 10-20 seconds and put the mixture into a bowl.
Sift all remaining dry ingredients into the same bowl.
Process all wet ingredients (except the blueberries!) in a food processor or blender and pour the mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
Stir with a whisk until just combined (don't overmix). The batter should form some bubbles because the baking soda will react with the lemon/lime juice.
Fold in the blueberries and spoon the batter into your donut mold. Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes and let the donuts cool.
For the lemon glaze:
Put the Erythritol or sugar into a food processor or coffee/spice grinder and blend until it's very fine like icing sugar. Use a whisk to mix it in a small bowl with the coconut milk and lemon juice. If the glaze is too thick add more milk or lemon juice.
Put the frosting on the donuts and store the donuts in the fridge. Enjoy!
For the glaze:
Use 1 tbsp milk for a thick glaze or 2 tbsp for a runny glaze.
- Recipe makes 6 donuts. Nutrition facts are for one donut.