Whisk up delicious vegan Nutella in 5 minutes with this 4-ingredient (water and salt not included), creamy, vegan chocolate hazelnut spread. This effortless recipe is not only dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan, but it’s also naturally sweetened and can be made sugar-free for a low-carb keto Nutella!
Add all ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and stir with a whisk until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy.
Taste it and add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter! Add more nut butter and cocoa powder for a thicker cream or more water for a thinner chocolate spread. Enjoy!
- For a similar taste to "Nutella", I would recommend using hazelnut butter, however, if you can't find it, then simply use creamy peanut butter or your favorite nut butter. Use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version.
- Use your favorite liquid sweetener instead of maple syrup. Some examples are rice malt syrup, agave syrup, date syrup, etc. Or use powdered Erythritol for a sugar-free, low-carb Nutella. You might need to add a little more water to thin out the spread.
- You can melt dairy-free chocolate chips and add a few tablespoons for an ultra-rich and chocolatey spread!
- Add a tiny dash of instant coffee (or room temperature espresso liquid in place of the water) to enhance the chocolate flavor.
- If you prefer a low-fat spread, then check out this Recipe.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Read the blog post for serving suggestions, tips, and variations.
Amount Per Serving (20 g)
Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.