This mango pie with a jelly layer is light, creamy, fruity, smooth, and very delicious. It's the perfect dessert which is not too sweet and it contains a delicious granola crust. The recipe of this mango cheesecake tart is vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and easy to make! Check the recipe notes of a soy-free no-bake version.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 1.75 oz nuts or seeds of choice
- 1 cup granola or rolled oats
- 5 oz soft dates pitted
- 2/3 cup mango puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pure agar powder (*see notes)
- A pinch of turmeric powder
Mango Cream Layer
Next, process all mango cream layer ingredients in a food processor or blender until completely smooth and creamy. Pour the cream into the pan and spread it evenly.
Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes. Depending on your oven it might take a few minutes less or more.
Turn off the oven and let the pie cool at room temperature until it isn't hot to the touch anymore. Then put it into the fridge to set. To speed up the process you can put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
For the jelly layer, pour water in a saucepan or skillet, add agar powder and turmeric and bring to a boil. Stir until the agar powder is dissolved.
Add lime juice and mango puree, stirring constantly.
Next, strain the mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a medium-sized bowl.
Finally, pour the mixture on the mango pie, spread it evenly by slightly tilting the cake to all sides and place the pan in the fridge to set.
Slice and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
SOY-FREE Cream Layer (NO-BAKE):
- For an oil-free version, you can use 4 tbsp of e.g. cashew butter or coconut butter.
- You need 100% pure agar powder. If your agar powder contains other ingredients (e.g. dextrose), you will need to add more powder. For example, if your mixture contains only 25% agar powder, then you will need to add 4 times the amount which is mentioned in the recipe.
- 300 g (1 1/4 cups) mango puree
- 380 g (one 13.5 oz) can coconut milk, full fat
- 80 g (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp pure agar powder
- 1/8-1/4 tsp turmeric
- Pour coconut milk into a saucepan, add agar powder + turmeric and stir until the agar powder is dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Next, add mango puree, maple syrup, lime juice, and vanilla extract. Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Let the pie cool at room temperature until it isn't hot to the touch anymore.
- Then put it into the fridge to set for at least 3-4 hours (or overnight).
- Recipe makes an 8-inch tart/pie. Nutrition facts are for one piece if you cut the tart/pie into 10 slices.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5.7g | Fat: 6.5g | Fiber: 3.2g | Sugar: 20.6g