These banana stuffed chocolate crepes are made without eggs and they are perfect as a decadent vegan breakfast or dessert. The recipe is plant-based, gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, and easy to make.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Mix all ingredients for the crepes in a bowl with a whisk.
Heat a non-stick pan/skillet with some oil over medium heat.
Pour some batter into the skillet, swirl the batter around to coat the pan evenly. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until you can easily lift a side of the crepe (don't try to flip the crepe too early or it might break).
After you flipped the crepe, cook it for a further minute. Please note that the batter will get thicker after a while, just add a little bit more milk.
For the chocolate spread: Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a whisk until smooth.
Fill each crepe with a little chocolate spread and a whole banana. Roll it up and enjoy! Read the blog post for other filling suggestions.
- Plant-based milk which is higher in fat, such as canned coconut milk, works best since the batter is oil-free.
- You can use arrowroot flour instead of tapioca flour. Cornstarch might work too (I didn't try it yet).
- You can fill the crepes with other fruits if you don't like bananas.
- Recipe makes 6 medium-sized crepes. Nutrition facts are for one crepe with the chocolate spread and with one small banana.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 44.6g | Protein: 4.7g | Fat: 2g | Fiber: 5.4g | Sugar: 21.8g