Vegan Zucchini Brownies
Vegan zucchini brownies which are soft, moist, gooey, fudgy, and very chocolaty! The recipe is plant-based, gluten-free, easy to make, and delicious! Enjoy this vegan chocolate cake with your family and friends. Kids will love this healthy chocolate dessert.
I recommend using a kitchen scale for this recipe. This recipe has a video for easy visual instructions (see below).
Line a 6x9 (15x23 cm) loaf pan or a slightly bigger pan with parchment paper or grease it with vegan butter or oil and preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit (ca. 182 °C).
Process all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a food processor.
Add all wet ingredients and blend again until the batter is smooth.
Finally, add the chocolate chips and stir with a spoon.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan and add more chocolate chips on top.
Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes. For fudgy brownies, I recommend a baking time of 35 minutes or less. And for cakey brownies, I recommend a baking time of 40 minutes or a little more. The baking time also depends on the size of the pan! You can insert a toothpick in the center of a brownie after 30 minutes and if it comes out clean/slightly crumbly the brownies are done. If the toothpick comes out very sticky/wet, then the brownies need more baking time.
Let the brownies cool completely. They will firm up once they cool and taste even better on day two! Enjoy! Keep leftover zucchini brownies covered in the fridge. You can also freeze them!
- Granulated sweetener: You can use coconut sugar, Erythritol, Xylitol* or regular sugar. *Desserts with Xylitol should be never given to dogs.
- Oats: I used rolled oats for this recipe which I processed in an electric coffee/spice grinder to make oat flour. You can use regular rolled oats or gluten-free oats and process them in a blender (or grinder). Of course, you can also use 135 grams of store-bought oat flour.
- Nut butter: You can use almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version. If you don't have nut butter, you could possibly use oil instead. Please note that I never made this recipe with oil, however, I would suggest about 1/4 of a cup (please report back if you give it a try).
- Nutrition facts are for one of eight brownies (1/8 of the recipe).
Vegan Zucchini Brownies
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.