Vegetable curry recipe with coconut milk, pineapple, and chickpeas (or beans)! This healthy comfort meal is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, easy to make and can be also prepared in a slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple small chunks (250 g)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas or beans of choice (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium-sized carrot diced
- 1 small eggplant (cut into small cubes)
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1/2 pepper diced
- 1/2 big onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups canned coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder (use less for a less spicy curry)
- 1-2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1-2 tsp cornstarch or tapioca flour (to thicken)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked rice of choice (I prefer Basmati or Jasmine rice)
- coriander for serving
Chop the veggies + onion and put everything in a large pan or pot with a little bit oil and fry on medium heat for about 8-9 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute. Stir frequently.
Drain and rinse chickpeas (or beans of choice) and add them to the pan together with the pineapple chunks.
Add coconut milk, all spices + salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 10 minutes or longer (for a thicker curry). You can also add 1-2 tsp of cornstarch (mix it with some coconut milk before you add it) to make the curry sauce even thicker.
Serve the curry with cooked rice of choice, potatoes, or naan bread. Garnish with fresh coriander. Enjoy!
- Read the text in the blog post to find out how to prepare the curry in a slow cooker.
- Recipe makes four servings. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.