This simple tahini dressing is ready in just a few minutes, packed with flavor, and can be used as delicious dressing, dip, or sauce for tons of meals! All you need is just 5 base ingredients and several seasonings for this dairy-free, gluten-free lemon tahini sauce recipe!
- 1/4 cup (60 g) smooth tahini
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard optional
- 2 small cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt more to taste
- 40 ml water to thin
- Onion powder, black pepper, cumin to taste (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley or chives to garnish
Watch the video in the post for visual instructions.Add the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, toasted sesame oil, Dijon mustard (if using), minced garlic, and sea salt to a medium bowl and whisk to combine.The tahini may thicken up/clump when it's combined with lemon juice or the first bit of water. Don't worry, this is normal and will be fixed with more water.
Gradually add 40 ml of water and continue to whisk until the dressing is smooth and creamy. Add a little more water for a thinner dressing.
Taste it and add more salt, lemon juice, or maple syrup if preferred. This dressing is perfect for falafel, salads, tacos, and finger food like onion rings.
- Make sure to use smooth tahini (which is pourable).
- I also love adding a pinch of smoked paprika, onion powder, and sometimes even a pinch of cumin. Feel free to also add a little black pepper and/or cayenne pepper, or hot sauce for some heat!
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.