Vegan Vanilla Wafers
These vegan vanilla wafers are sweet, crisp, and infused with vanilla flavor and yet 100% egg-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free. Eat these vanilla cookies as a snack on their own, with drinks, or as part of desserts. Plus, this recipe can be made oil-free and nut-free – to suit even more dietary requirements!
Servings 40 cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
First, prepare the flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 5 tbsp water in a small bowl. Whisk and set aside.
Next, add all dry ingredients to a large bowl. Stir with a whisk until there are no lumps.
Add the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula (or process all ingredients in a food processor).
Scoop out about 1/2 tbsp of dough and roll it between your hands. Flatten it and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
Repeat this step with the remaining dough. The recipe makes about 40 vanilla wafers.
Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the sides start to brown. Bake a few minutes longer if you prefer them crispier or shorter for tender cookies. Enjoy!
- I recommend using metric measurements for this recipe for the best results. If the dough appears too wet, add more rice flour. And if it appears too dry, you can add a little bit more plant-based milk.
- Flax eggs: You can also make chia eggs by whisking together 2 tbsp ground chia seeds and 5 tbsp water.
- Rice flour: I used white rice flour but brown rice flour should work too. You can most likely also use a store-bought gluten-free flour blend instead of rice flour. Also, regular all-purpose flour should work fine instead of rice flour.
- Almond flour: You can use ground nuts of choice instead of almond flour. Use ground hemp seeds for a nut-free version.
- Coconut oil: If you want to make this recipe oil-free, try using cashew butter.
Vegan Vanilla Wafers
Amount Per Serving (1 cookie)
Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.