Mexican Avocado Salad
Creamy Mexican Avocado Salad which is filling but still light and perfect for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, healthy, easy to make, and has an oil-free dressing.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- One 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 small ripe avocado sliced
- 1 cup (180 g) of cherry tomatoes chopped
- 2 medium ears fresh corn
- One 15 oz can white beans rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups (240-300 ml) plant-based milk
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 heaped tbsp mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper optional
Brush each of the ears of corn with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet or a grill (over medium heat) and add corn. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, rotating frequently, for a total of 10 minutes. Set aside to let cool, then carefully cut the kernels off of the cob.
Meanwhile, make the dressing: Add white beans, garlic cloves, plant-based milk, avocado, lime juice, mustard, sea salt + black pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional) to a blender or food processor. Blend on high speed and scrape down the sides if needed until the dressing is completely smooth and creamy. Set aside. Add 1 cup of plant-based milk for a thicker dressing or 1 1/4 cups for a runnier dressing.
In a large bowl, combine the chopped peppers, onion, tomatoes, black beans, avocado, and corn. Add some dressing (you will have leftovers for the next day) and stir to combine.
Taste and adjust seasonings. Add more salt/pepper/lime juice if needed.
Garnish with fresh herbs (e.g. parsley) and serve immediately. Enjoy! Store leftover dressing in a container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It tastes great over pasta salad or potato salad or any other salad.
- You can use any white beans, e.g. Cannellini beans, Navy beans or Great Northern beans.
- Recipe serves 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Mexican Avocado Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 43.3g | Protein: 17.4g | Fat: 13.3g | Fiber: 19.3g | Sugar: 7.3g