Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups
These vegan Lasagna Roll Ups are filled with hummus, spinach, and mushrooms. This meat-free dish might become your new favorite weekend dinner as it is so comforting, and delicious! The recipe is quite easy to make with healthy vegetables and it's 100% plant-based.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- One small can mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 3.5 oz fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (*see notes)
- 6-8 lasagna noodles (regular or gluten-free)
- 1 2/3 cups hummus (*see notes)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
- A few tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 7 oz vegan cheese
Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot (filled with boiling water and salt) according to package directions or until al dente.
Ladle about 1/2 cup marinara sauce (or your favorite tomato sauce) in the bottom of a 9×6 (23x15 cm) baking dish (you can use a larger pan). Set aside.
While the lasagna noodles cook, heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add the diced onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute for about 4 minutes. Then add soy sauce and spinach. Cook for a further 30-60 seconds, then turn off the heat.
Add the hummus and stir with a spoon.
Depending on the brand of your store-bought hummus, you might need to add more flavor. I added cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
Carefully drain the lasagna noodles and preheat your oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
Lay cooked noodles on a clean surface and place about 1/4 cup of the hummus-mixture on each noodle and spread it evenly. Roll up each lasagna noodle and place it seam-side down in the baking dish.
Ladle the remaining 1 cup marinara sauce over the lasagna noodles.
Add vegan cheese on top (I used my homemade vegan cheese sauce).
Bake for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
- You can use your favorite tomato sauce instead of marinara sauce.
- If you aren't a fan of mushrooms, simply leave them out and use your favorite vegetable (e.g. zucchini) instead.
- You can use Vegan Ricotta Cheese instead of hummus.
- You might also love my Vegan Lasagna Soup recipe.
- Recipe makes 6-8 rolls. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Vegan Lasagna Roll Ups
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g