Creamy Pasta Soup
This creamy pasta soup contains only wholesome plant-based ingredients, is easy to make, and delicious! It's made with cannellini beans and cashews. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free and can be made nut-free.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
For the soup:
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 1-2 stalks celery chopped
- 7 oz broccoli florets
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1-2 tsp ground lovage (Maggi herb) (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 7 oz dry pasta (I used gluten-free)
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- One 15 oz can white cannellini beans or any other white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked (*see recipe notes)
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
Watch the video (scroll down a bit) to see all instruction steps.
Soak cashews for a couple of hours OR boil them for 20 minutes in water until they are soft. Once the cashews are soft, transfer them to a blender, add the cannellini beans, the plant-based milk, lemon juice & salt and blend on high speed for about 2 minutes or until super smooth and creamy. Set aside.
For the soup: Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion, all veggies and fry for about 4 minutes. Then add the garlic, the spices and fry for a further minute.
Add in the veggie broth (I first used 5 cups but had to add another cup later). Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat.
Now add the cashew-cannellini cream and stir. Let the soup simmer for about 6-8 minutes.
Finally, add dry pasta of choice and let the soup simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is al-dente (check the package instructions). Stir frequently! If the soup is too thick either add more veggie broth or plant-based milk! Taste and adjust seasoning. You will most likely need to add more salt!
Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy! Make sure to also check out my delicious Vegan Lasagna Soup!
- For a nut-free version, simply use 75 grams of hemp seeds!
- If you love pasta and soup, you might also like my Vegan Lasagna Soup.
- Recipe serves (at least) 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Creamy Pasta Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 18.9g | Fat: 13.8g | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 10g