Creamy Pasta Soup
This creamy pasta soup contains only wholesome plant-based ingredients, is easy to make, and delicious! It's made with cannellini beans and cashews. The recipe is vegan, gluten-free and can be made nut-free.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
For the soup:
- 1 large (225 g) carrot peeled and chopped
- 1-2 stalks (75 g) celery chopped
- 7 oz (200 g) broccoli florets
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 5-6 cups (1200-1400 ml) vegetable broth
- Spice mix: 2 tsp onion powder, 2 tsp Italian seasoning, 1-2 tsp ground lovage (Maggi herb) or to taste, salt and pepper to taste
- 7 oz (200 g) dry pasta (I used gluten-free)
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- One 15 oz can white cannellini beans or any other white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup (75 g) cashews soaked (*see recipe notes)
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
Watch the video (scroll down a bit) to see all instruction steps.
Soak cashews for a couple of hours OR boil them for 20 minutes in water until they are soft. Once the cashews are soft, transfer them to a blender, add the cannellini beans, the plant-based milk, lemon juice & salt and blend on high speed for about 2 minutes or until super smooth and creamy. Set aside.
For the soup: Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion, all veggies and fry for about 4 minutes. Then add the garlic, the spices and fry for a further minute.
Add in the veggie broth (I first used 5 cups but had to add another cup later). Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat.
Now add the cashew-cannellini cream and stir. Let the soup simmer for about 6-8 minutes.
Finally, add dry pasta of choice and let the soup simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is al-dente (check the package instructions). Stir frequently! If the soup is too thick either add more veggie broth or plant-based milk! Taste and adjust seasoning. You will most likely need to add more salt!
Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!
- For a nut-free version, simply use 75 grams of hemp seeds!
- Recipe serves (at least) 4. Nutrition facts are for one serving.
Creamy Pasta Soup
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 18.9g | Fat: 13.8g | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 10g