These veggie fritters with corn, chickpeas, and bell pepper are super easy to make, they are vegan, gluten-free, protein-rich and perfect as a snack, side dish, lunch or dinner.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- One 15 oz can (about 280 g) chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Spices: 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp ground oregano, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, sea salt, and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (50 g) rice flour*
- 1 cup (160 g) fresh corn (or canned)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Vegan cheese (optional)
- Cashew dip (optional)
Watch the video (scroll down a bit) to see all instruction steps.
Process chickpeas, onion, garlic, lime juice, and all spices in a food processor
Add rice flour and mix again.
Put the mixture into a bowl and add the chopped pepper, corn, and parsley. Stir with a spoon or use your hands.
Form 8 patties and fry them with some oil in a skillet from both sides (about 5 minutes each) until golden brown. Please read the blog post to find out how you can make the patties in the oven.
Serve with a cashew dip
- I haven't tried the recipe with any other flour, however, it should work with most flours. I mentioned some in the blog post above.
- Recipe makes about 8 medium-sized patties. Nutrition facts are for one pattie.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.6g | Protein: 3.8g | Fat: 3.1g | Fiber: 3.3g | Sugar: 3.8g