No bake pumpkin bars
Healthy no bake pumpkin bars which are vegan, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, refined sugar-free and very easy to make. No baking skills required!
Servings 12 bars
- 16 soft dates pitted (120 g) (soak in hot water if your dates aren't soft)
- 1/2 cup oats GF (45 g)
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds of choice (30 g)
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries (30 g) (*see recipe notes for alternatives)
- Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (300 g)
- 1 cup oat flour (GF oats ground into flour) (100 g) (**see recipe notes for alternatives)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter (80 g) (***see recipe notes for alternatives)
- 1/4 agave syrup or maple syrup (80 g)
- Ground allspice and cinnamon to taste
Line a 7x5 or 6x6-inch pan with parchment paper (you could also use a round 6-inch springform)
Blend the ingredients for the crust in your food processor until the dough gets crumbly and sticks together if you press it between your fingers. If it's too dry add a few more dates. Spread the crust in the pan, set aside
Now blend all ingredients for the pumpkin filling in your food processor or blender until everything is well combined
Spread pumpkin filling onto the crust and put the pan in the freezer for about half an hour
Combine the ingredients for the chocolate glaze in a bowl (using a whisk works best) and spread the glaze on the pumpkin filling. Read my blog post (above) to learn about other frosting options
Freeze again for at least 2 hours until set. Release from pan and cut into bars
Let the bars thaw before you enjoy them. Store leftovers in the freezer
The Nutrition Facts are for one bar if you cut the batch into 12 square bars. Calculation includes the chocolate glaze.
- *If you don't have dried mulberries, then double the amount of nuts
- **You could use almond flour instead of oat flour for a paleo version. If you want to use coconut flour I would suggest using just half of a cup (or even less), because coconut flour is very absorbent.
- ***You can use almond butter, peanut butter or any other nut/seed butter